Author Topic: Polo G40 Genuine and nice condition  (Read 3932 times)

Offline karmann

• Members
Polo G40 Genuine and nice condition
« on: August 23, 2011, 09:39:30 pm »
After a lot of thought I have decided to sell my much loved G40, this breaks my heart but I’m following my main hobby with performance aircooled VWs. Its in very good condition and gets well commented on how nice its been kept.

Body-   
Genuine Polo G40
Capri green
Factory sunroof
Original complete etched glass

Engine-
119k miles
Full Blend supercharger done 1k miles ago, new bearings and seals
65mm Chip and pulley
Decat
The head was striped cleaned new valves etc
Silicone hoses
Boost return mod
Jabba induction kit
Cambelt and water pump done about 15k miles
Powerflow stainless exhaust
New radiator
Fully cleaned out intercooler

Suspension-
Koni adjustable shocks
Eibch Pro springs
G-Laderseite ARBs
Recent topmounts
Recent rose jointed TCAs

Wheels-
BBS 14inch RAs in excellent condition
Yokahoma a539 185-55-14 tyres, loads of tread left

Brakes-
New calipers disks pads and rear shoes and cylinders
New copper lines and flexible hoses
New handbrake cables

Interior-
Original and in superb condition with excellent shape in all seats, no holes rips or tears, very clean.
Boost gauge

This is a genuine G40 not a conversion with full service history and has been very well looked after by all the owners. The head had a full rebuild about 15k miles ago, this was just to make sure all was well. Underside is all clean and just had a full rebuild of the rear axle including new bushes handbrake cables after been fully stripped and repainted. Front anti roll bar had the same treatment and was fitted with new G-Laderseite ARBs then track alignment reset. All brake components replaced at the same time. The Supercharger has been serviced a total of 3 times in the cars life now, just to make sure it is in good nick, and last rebuild about 1k miles ago including all seals bearings and a repaint.

I’m sure you will be hard pushed to find another like this that’s been this well maintained, pulls really hard in all the gears and is just an all round nice car. I’m sure a few people on here will testify to this. The body does have a few very small areas of corrosion but this is very minimal and only minor, battery tray is in perfect condition and has always been cavity waxed along with other internal areas of the car.

Paint is good but does have a few scratches and small dents but no lacquer peel anywhere. Car has been dry stored for the last 4 years in a well ventilated garage. There is a folder full of all the service history carried out on the life of the car along with the 2 original keys and all there numbered tags.

I recommend seeing the car to appreciate the condition, but it’s priced to sell. I will sell for less without the wheels but you would have to bring your own. I’m going to be very sad to see this go after buying it back 4 years ago but needs must with the aircooled side of VWs.

£2300 or less without the wheels, open to serious offers and im located in Congleton Cheshire.

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
Re: Polo G40 Genuine and nice condition
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 06:56:04 am »
I'll vouch for this car- seen it a fair few times and know Matt.

Bottom line- spend some beer tokens in the bodyshop and you'd have one of the cleanest G40s in the UK  :)

GLWS- Shame to see it go!

Pete

Offline Max

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 07:22:01 pm »
That is stunning, good luck with the sale.

Offline Dan-G40

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 08:15:33 pm »
Looks lovely, I'm sure you won't have any problems shifting it at that price!

Offline karmann

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 09:36:29 pm »
Now sold, very sad day for me but it's gone to a good owner that's going to use it on nice days and look after it.