Author Topic: Ppp exhaust fit a standard manifold??  (Read 1760 times)

Offline Aza_rallye

• Members
Ppp exhaust fit a standard manifold??
« on: August 20, 2011, 07:48:21 pm »
Hi,just bought a ppp exhaust cat back,can't seem to get it to fit my standard manifold! Do I need to get someone to weld it to the manifold or can you buy an adaptor? I was told this would fit! Thanks in advance

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
Re: Ppp exhaust fit a standard manifold??
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 11:01:34 pm »
The system fits to the cat hence "cat back" not the manifold. Or in the absence of a cat a cat bypass pipe. Sounds like your missing the down pipe and cat ??? Not quite sure what your trying to mate the system to ?

Offline Aza_rallye

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 10:48:06 am »
I just have a standard manifold with a decat down pipe,the centre pipe goes over but it has to go rite up the downpipe to wer it goes to two pipes,and obviously the bore is alot bigger than on the standard down pipe!

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 10:52:52 am »
So the PPP system sleeves over the top of the De-cat downpipe, but the diameter is too large on the PPP pipe, so it rattles round rather than fitting snuggly? As well as it not being long enough to butt up to the 2>1 section of downpipe?

Sounds like you just need a reducer pipe which you can buy from some motor factors and xhaust specialsts (e.g. somewhere that custom makes exhausts). I may have mis-understood, but that's how it sounds. A pic speaks a thousand words and all that! ;)

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 06:02:26 pm »
i thought they only fitted the PPP 4-Branch manifold. Why not PM Yoof or Andy?

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 07:40:10 pm »
They're a straight fit onto PSD or PPP 4-branches or K03 downpipes. I presume you've bought it secondhand, as neither Yoof nor I would tell you it's a straight fit onto a standard G40 downpipe!

However, all is not lost, a decent exhaust place should be able to make you a link pipe for the system.