Author Topic: 0-60 time, quarter mile for standard car?  (Read 26375 times)

Offline martinjc1981

• Members
Re: 0-60 time, quarter mile for standard car?
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 09:44:57 pm »
thanks for the reply, sounds like a lot of work. Im not wanting road racing reports but what would your car at that power compare to?

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 09:47:13 pm »
I don't really know, I don't really race much - chased a S1 Focus RS though without them pulling away; Clio 172's / Fiesta ST's are dealt with too.

Offline cheys03

• Members
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 09:55:03 pm »
There's a bell end Fiesta ST driver that I occasionally come across locally. The car's been bought by daddy and he drives like a knob. I take great pleasure from showing him up, especially when he's got his bird in the car and in my rear view mirror I can see her mocking him. Teeehehehe.

Offline martinjc1981

• Members
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 09:58:26 pm »
I don't really know, I don't really race much - chased a S1 Focus RS though without them pulling away; Clio 172's / Fiesta ST's are dealt with too.

Really? That does sound like a quick car you have got. And only 150bhp?

Offline martinjc1981

• Members
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 09:59:17 pm »
There's a bell end Fiesta ST driver that I occasionally come across locally. The car's been bought by daddy and he drives like a knob. I take great pleasure from showing him up, especially when he's got his bird in the car and in my rear view mirror I can see her mocking him. Teeehehehe.

Excellent, what bhp is yours?

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 10:10:27 pm »

Top end I've seen 140 on the clock on the way to the Nürburgring.

Offline martinjc1981

• Members
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 10:16:04 pm »

fast car then for all the power they have!

Offline cheys03

• Members
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 10:21:37 pm »
I dunno, it's a basic 1.3 engine that has a turbo bolted on. At 15psi boost it was rolling roaded and realistically produced ~165bhp. I run it as a daily so reduced the boost to 10psi - at a guess maybe 140bhp? I'm sure this Fiesta ST guy is a poor driver too which helps.
By far the best element of a boosted Polo is the sleeper value. So long as you don't go mad with exterior mods, to most it just looks like an old Polo. Then BAM, boost :-)
I think Breadman has put it well - there are many weaknesses, but the fun factor is excellent.

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 10:25:21 pm »

fast car then for all the power they have!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIWqJ8ny6HE&playnext=1&list=PLFDED437EB4A035E2
very high spec one, from a long while back now.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 10:47:25 pm »
My g40 was running around 150 bhp beat my mates twin turbo subaru off line up to around 80-90mph.

Offline martinjc1981

• Members
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 10:54:51 pm »
My g40 was running around 150 bhp beat my mates twin turbo subaru off line up to around 80-90mph.

a twin turbo subaru? lol

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2011, 11:53:50 pm »
The G40 is an enthusiasts car mate, only having around 50 genuine On the road. I would say that unless your very passionate about Vws especially polos then they are not for you. With their primite steering set up and poor brakes I don't think there comparible to new cars.

Only having had polos since I started driving many people wondered why I hadn't upgraded my car e.g getting a golf but that's just a passion for the mk3 platform.

Offline martinjc1981

• Members
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2011, 12:01:30 am »
The G40 is an enthusiasts car mate, only having around 50 genuine On the road. I would say that unless your very passionate about Vws especially polos then they are not for you. With their primite steering set up and poor brakes I don't think there comparible to new cars.

Only having had polos since I started driving many people wondered why I hadn't upgraded my car e.g getting a golf but that's just a passion for the mk3 platform.

Is the handling really that bad? Looks like an itegra dc2 would wipe the floor with it unless i spent a load of cash on the polo...

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2011, 12:09:26 am »

Is the handling really that bad? Looks like an itegra dc2 would wipe the floor with it unless i spent a load of cash on the polo...
they are two totally different cars, integra is a sports saloon from honda where as the G40 is a 20 year old hot hatch, many cars could wipe the floor with the polo in real world racing, but as we have said here - its the fun factor, nothing really gives the same buzz for the money they cost to run. Its a really fucking fun car to own, very exhilarating to drive because of its characteristics, not because of its out-right speed compared to other cars.

Offline martinjc1981

• Members
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2011, 12:18:03 am »

they are two totally different cars, integra is a sports saloon from honda where as the G40 is a 20 year old hot hatch, many cars could wipe the floor with the polo in real world racing, but as we have said here - its the fun factor, nothing really gives the same buzz for the money they cost to run. Its a really fucking fun car to own, very exhilarating to drive because of its characteristics, not because of its out-right speed compared to other cars.

what are they like on fuel? i want a car for fun but also want it to be reliable and fast.