Author Topic: Standard G40 - Economy run?  (Read 2464 times)

Offline superchargedpolo

• Members
Standard G40 - Economy run?
« on: October 09, 2008, 08:30:48 am »
As a few might be aware I just bought Nick's Mint Mk3 G40 on Sunday.  I drove it back up to Aberdeen via Leeds, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Dundee etc.... You get the idea.

Although most of this was on dual carriageway crusing at about 75-80 the stretch from Newcastle to Edinburgh wasn't, hence the G was put through it's paces.

I brimmed the tank just after I left Nicks and did the same again in Dundee....340 miles to be precise.
She took 37.5L and by my calculations that give me 41.1 mpg:o

So the moral of the story is don't worry about high petrol prices or this credit crunch and that the only way forward is a diesel. At 41mpg I'm sticking with petrol, a g-lader, 113 ponies and a big smile on my face.  G40's rule. Amen.  ;)

Craig.

Offline G-spot

• Members
Re: Standard G40 - Economy run?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 11:20:15 am »
I'd say thats about right, I know when I did the maths on the G40 Rally weekend up in the Peak District, on the 2 tanks of fuel I used on the run up, around the Peaks and the run back down to South Wales, I calculated 40+mpg.  I had the missus and my son in the car(so was driving conservatively), plus a boot full of stuff too!
Mines modded(around the 150bhp mark) I still average about 34mpg on the daily work run which is 23mile on a mixed bag of roads mainly dual and motorway, which in my opinion is brill.
Though if I want to play daily I can soon drag that figure into the mid 20'sMPG(average), and with some key drafting of suitible trucks 40+MPG is never far away.

If you've got a poor economy then its probably down to a fault somewhere, or the ECU map is not suited to the mods that you've carried out(or you got +200BHP in which case ;D ;D who cares!!)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 11:23:49 am by G-spot »

Offline Fred

• Members
  • Fred
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 09:56:58 pm »

Bet you had a Beaming Head for 340 mile Craig.
 Oh & every time you thought about it there after  ;D

Fred.

Offline superchargedpolo

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 09:23:50 am »
Indeed, the car is a wee gem.
However, it puts me in a total dilemma as to when I can take it out of the garage and get it dirty or standard vs a couple of subtle mods!

It's not a bad predicament to be in, right enough ;)

Craig