Author Topic: BBC to only show half of F1 races from next year - moving to Sky Sports!  (Read 5862 times)

Offline cheys03

• Members
BBC coverage is very good imho. Eddie Jordan's shirts keep me constantly amused.

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
I couldn't give two shits honestly, and yes i do have sky sports. I hope all the f1 moves over as it'll likely end up being better quality just like the football did all those years ago. The sooner the beeb loses the rights to show all sport the better. Let's start a campaign to get all sport and eastenders moved to sky.

Well as long as you can afford it and are happy to line the Murdochs pockets thats ok then. Does no-one have any principles or conviction in this country anymore? I could afford to pay it but refuse to when its all just another move to line the Hobbit's pockets and makes Sky's 1 billion pound profit even bigger. Its a joke.

Offline Max

• Members
I just think Sky are going to have to pull something out their arse to even come close to the BBC coverage.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
Re: BBC to only show half of F1 races from next year - moving to Sky Sports!
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2011, 09:03:33 am »
Eastenders = GAY!  :D

I dont see the point in paying for sky just to watch the f1, its a rip off anyway. I got bt vision for free and its just as good as sky imo. And its at half the cost.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
Re: BBC to only show half of F1 races from next year - moving to Sky Sports!
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 12:15:11 pm »
As long as BBC have the important ones live (ie the ones on in the daytime in UK ;) ) then I don't mind, they can still show their highlights, etc. Hopefully sky will have the live ones that are on at 4am or whatever, lol.

Also, the actual race coverage from the start of the race to the poppiong of champagne is the same worldwide regardless of where/ who your viewing it through, it's only the commentary during it that differs, as well as the build up beforehand/ interviews after. So I'm not sure it'll be so bad. I am angered by it, but I think it could benefit the sport too if Sky mess it up and figures drop then as has been said the sponsors would soon do something to remedy it I'm sure!

Is it true Sky aren't planning on showing any ads during the race? I heard it on the radio but not looked into it really!