Author Topic: possible broken dumpvalve?  (Read 1712 times)

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
possible broken dumpvalve?
« on: July 20, 2011, 04:29:31 pm »
Was out driving and whilst under boost, hdont seem to have a leak elsewhere....ad a drop in power.instead of the valve fluttering when changing gear, it constantly hisses  when on boost. is it easy to replace the diaphram?

Offline cheys03

• Members
Re: possible broken dumpvalve?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 06:51:45 pm »
Which dump valve do you have?????????????????????????????????
If it's a plastic Bosch recirc one then give up and buy a decent one. You'd be forgiven for thinking it was a wise investiment - but it's the only thing Bosch that I've come across that's sh1t

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 12:52:08 am »
Its a forge item!!! Had it to bits and it all seems ok although ive been told that it maybe a seal on the dumpvalve that is leaking. After seeing Hayesey (iirc) with a screwdriver in his recirculation valve because it died, i steered well clear!

Offline cheys03

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 11:35:47 pm »
My forge one uses a piston, not a diaphram. Have you taken your's apart to check it's ok Jon?

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 09:19:50 am »
that's not good, you'd have thought a forge one would stand up to it.  If it's nearly new I'd get on the phone to them.

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 05:47:59 pm »
hahaha, alls good now. me being 'special' , i didnt realise one of the boost pipes was leaking like an incontinent grandma. once i fixed that back up and reconnected the pipe to the ISV (that had blown off too?!!!!), its all working again.

On the dumpvalve note, it all looked pretty good inside tbh. Quite interesting to see how it all works.