Author Topic: turbo heat blankets / covers / socks, where can i get one?!  (Read 2910 times)

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
Hey all,

I need a turbo heat blanket for my T25, as it sits so close to the radiator, that without on, the plastic end caps on the radiator will melt in no time.

I've seen a few on ebay for circa 65 pounds but they are all from Hong Kong or America, and will probably take an age to turn up.

I seen one by DEI which I can get in Britan, but it costs £235 quid+ which is far more than I want to pay as thats nearly a quarter of what the car cost!

Does anyone know of UK suppliers that sell these heat blankets, or any alternative methods of keeping the heat in the outlet housing of the turbo, and away from the rest of the engine bay,

Would like to get this ordered asap, as it'll be the limiting factor in getting the car running

cheers!

Saf

Offline Raw

• Members
  • It ain't dubbin 'less her thighs are rubbin'
Re: turbo heat blankets / covers / socks, where can i get one?!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 02:51:17 pm »
Cheek and temporary fix would be to employ a heat resistant mat as used by plumbers to stop setting fire to joists. E.g. http://www.bes.co.uk/product/214~IE~4711~4711~-Heat-Protection-Pad.html

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
Re: turbo heat blankets / covers / socks, where can i get one?!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 09:50:20 pm »
Nice..  Has come inhandy that!

Cheers mush