Author Topic: Fuel hose clamps  (Read 1356 times)

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
Fuel hose clamps
« on: June 13, 2011, 01:48:25 pm »
Ok what's best to use on my fuel hoses, can I just use jubile clips or should I use the same type that came of or is there any alternative.
Also the original clips what's the best way to clip and unclip them I usualy use pliers but I'm sure there's probably a better way.
I only ask as I've replaced all the rubber hoses in my fuel system with new stuff and the new rubber hoses is slightly larger OD and will require new clamps, I swaged ferules on where they where origianly fitted so just after some clamps now

Offline ereeiz

• Members
Re: Fuel hose clamps
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 03:58:54 pm »
Nip to Halfords/ local motor factors and get some hose clips/ jubilee clips, should get a few for under a fiver. ALWAYS handy to buy more than you need as when they snap they can be a pain to get another if it's the fuel pipe ones, I know as I did this on a sunday afternoon and had to wait until monday to sort it and couldnt drive due to lacking a 50p part! lol

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 04:45:17 pm »
use proper fuel pipe hose clamps rather than jubilee clips, your local motor factors or halfords will sell them.  They apply even pressure around the pipe instead of pinching it like jubilee clips do

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 06:11:19 pm »
use proper fuel pipe hose clamps rather than jubilee clips, your local motor factors or halfords will sell them.  They apply even pressure around the pipe instead of pinching it like jubilee clips do
I thought this was the case but what do these clips look like hayesey? Ate they like jubilees and have screw in them or are they spring type ones as I've seen numerous designs advertised as fuel hose clamps, everything from little mikilor clams to the type that come oem on water pipes.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 06:13:17 pm »
they look like this:

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 11:49:17 pm »
you can still buy the same style ones as originally fitted, that you press with a proper tool, or just a pair of pliers, one use tho

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 06:28:25 am »
they look like this:

thanks for that got some nice stainless one from eBay :)