Author Topic: G40 carb'd turbo  (Read 10495 times)

Offline cheys03

• Members
Re: G40 carb'd turbo
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 09:32:56 pm »
Cheers Andy, very nice of you to say :) I was very pleased indeed with the RR day result, especially considering there's no aquamist, just a standard tb (with wedges!) and bogo exhaust.
It's done nearly 8k since the conversion, boost set to about 11-12psi. Apart from an oil leak which started before the remap when the overfueling was diluting the oil with petrol, everything is going well touch wood. Task this week actually is to carefully jet-wash the oily bits to find the source of the leak. Unfortunately I think it's the headgasket, but at least it will give me an opportunity to rebuild the head. I'm 50/50 about going to a 8mm valve stem head and trying to source some G40 exhaust valves at the same time.
The only change so far has been swapping the induction kit for a standard airbox and filter, which as you suggested has quietened the recirc valve massively.

Sorry for the thread hijack prankster!

Offline prankstar2003

• Members
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2011, 07:37:14 am »
Not at all, it's all interesting stuff.

Thanks for the information. Got my cams mixed up!  What power are you getting cheys?

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011, 08:49:34 am »
Not at all, it's all interesting stuff.

Thanks for the information. Got my cams mixed up!  What power are you getting cheys?
http://www.polog40.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3031.0.html