Author Topic: Cambelt Part No.  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Barney

• Members
Cambelt Part No.
« on: July 31, 2011, 03:52:31 pm »
Hi guys

Need to change the cambelt on my G40 and see that there are two part numbers available:
052109119 = earlier part
030109119A = later part

Pic of mine in-situ below; I think this will be the later part above?

Did PSD put the OEM timing marks on their 'phase 1' toothed crank aux pulley?

thanks all

« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 03:55:09 pm by Barney »

Offline cheys03

• Members
Re: Cambelt Part No.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 04:43:34 pm »
Yeah, you're right - that's the later type. Sorry, I don't know about the pulleys.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 09:20:19 pm »
I think mine are phase 1, the non black ones, and i have got the timing marks on the pulley.

Offline Barney

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 03:23:35 pm »
Does anyone have a problem that their local VW won't take payment for an order over the phone and insist you go there to pay, go away, then back when the get the part in??

Slightly annoying as i'd have to go one weekend, then back the next.

£17+VAT isn't a massive order if they're worried about fraud but quite a lot for a belt?

Eurocarparts list a belt which is Contitech; does anyone use those or should I stick to VAG?

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 03:51:42 pm »
Thats odd. I ring up my local one and have never had a problem. I have only ever paid over the phone when its been a big ££ amount or is something they have to order in from germany or something.

And they wont let you pay when its arrived? Thats stupid. Most of the stuff i order is never there and dont take payment till its arrived.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 03:55:31 pm »
yeah with mine (Smith Knight Fay) I only pay over the phone if it's something special they have to order in from germany.  Normally it's just order over phone and then I pay when I go to pick it up after they've rang me to say it's in.

A contitech belt is fine though!

Offline cheys03

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 06:44:06 pm »
The official line at Lister's in Coventry is the same - all parts must be paid for in person, and then collected when they arrive - necessitating two trips. However once you do it a couple of times and get to know that chaps there (top blokes!) then they will order the parts over the phone, and you pay upon collection.
Barney - which dealer are you using?

Offline Barney

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 11:00:45 pm »
Citygate in High Wycombe; they have a few dealerships in the area and London.
They used to be a single franchise years ago and much more friendly!
But the other day the one of the parts guys whose worked there since i can remembers did allow me to pay for some other bits on the phone so they're not being very consistent.
There's a TPS not far away so I'll guess I'll be using them, and they're cheaper for retail.

thanks paul for the info on the belt