Author Topic: CV joint  (Read 5572 times)

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
Re: CV joint
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 10:14:29 pm »
I'd take a couple of sets aswell at that price as I fancy s gripper for track action in the future

Offline G40HR

• Members
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 06:23:36 pm »
Evening all

I am finally back from an extensive but very fruitful G40 parts search.

Let me start with the inner and outer CV joints. Apologies I did make a bit of prat of myself believing the first price I was given but stay there, they still are (and i think that is still cheap) only £22.50 plus VAT each. This is full kit and they are all Q drive. I can send photos to prove if you need them.
I have so far purchased 8 of them but can get hold of roughly 29 outers and 47 inners on top of that, take a couple off each for rubbish stock taking.
Once that batch is gone there is no certainty there will be more, there might be but nobody will confirm this at present.

Moving onto another rare part to get, the Dizzy (yes full dizzy not just rota arm thingy). I have managed to buy 2 of these brand new today, part number is definately G40 - I checked! Might make a prat of myself once but not twice.
These are £111 plus VAT. There is possibility I can get more but again nothing is concrete yet. I am happy to let one of the ones I purchased go to a fellow G40 driver is anyone needs one. Please let me know.

I read somewhere someone was looking for a clutch cable which is hard to get hold off. I have managed to pick up 2 today and can get hold of roughly another 30 or so. These are £11.95 each plus VAT.
If anyone can remember where the other post is for this maybe you could copy and paste my message to let everyone know.

What might also be of interest to you is that if you don't want to bother with this whole CV joint business I can get hold of complete shafts. Nearside for £74 plus VAT. O/side same money but there was a chasis change on them so I need to full chasis no to confirm.

For all that are wondering, no I don't work in the motor trade. But I do know people who do and how are happy to help enthusiasts.

If you want me to get any of the above for you please let me know. I will of course need payment, I am only a single person running G40s and wanting to help others.

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 08:11:40 pm »
I'd take one full set of two inners and two outers please

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 05:48:01 pm »
I get cost discount at ECP in sheffield as my mate works there, so wonder how cheap ill be able to get these. An example of the sort of price reduction I can get is those clear front indicators £32.50 each list price got em for £7 each brand new. Shall give him a ring for these cv joints , you got the ECP part number lad?

Offline cheys03

• Members
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2011, 08:42:54 pm »

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2011, 01:42:51 pm »
any more news on CV joints?  I'm still wanting to buy a few of them.

Offline AlexG40

• Members
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2011, 12:49:00 pm »
any more news on CV joints?  I'm still wanting to buy a few of them.

Me too.

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2011, 03:41:21 pm »
Can get outer cvs for £23 each from ecp , they dont do inners :(