Author Topic: Brake compensator  (Read 2433 times)

Offline prankstar2003

• Members
Brake compensator
« on: April 19, 2011, 10:46:04 pm »
Does anyone have a picture of one fitted please. I'm currently retrofitting one, and can't find where the bracket bolts to the car. I'm thinking I don't have the correct holes (it's an early loon).

Also, to get it to work as a bias, can I fix the hinge arranement into one position and use the Allen bolt to adjust the bias? I don't have the roller and spring you see

Offline GSBellew

• Members
Re: Brake compensator
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 11:50:01 pm »
This any help?

Offline prankstar2003

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 08:45:40 am »
Thanks mate, that's a great help. Is the that the factory mounting point? How does it attach to the rear beam?

Offline GSBellew

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 12:46:14 pm »
Yes thats the factory mounting point, there is a bracket / hook on the axle which connects to the arm of the valve with a spring.

Here is the bracket on the axle:

I don't have a picture of it connected up to hand at the minute, but can take one later on.

Offline prankstar2003

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 01:24:38 pm »
I have the bracket, as I bought a GT rear axle. I'm just trying to work out how it all goes together. I dint think my mk2 has the mounting point like yours. But now I know where to have a good poke about, I'll have another gander. Thanks chief, more pics would be awesome

Offline AlexG40

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 11:05:44 pm »
If you've got a load of factory underseal on the bottom of the car you may find any factory holes have been covered with tape and painted over with the stuff. On my Mk3 they had been.  Dunno about a Mk2 though

Offline prankstar2003

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 09:14:43 am »
Right, I've found the holes for the compensator. Thanks for the photos. Now what else doni need to make it work as it should? I have everything in the above pictures. I think I need answering and a roller. Is this right? And are they still available? Pictures of some mounted would be grand

Offline prankstar2003

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 04:22:49 pm »
Right. Update one this. Got the captive nut clip things for mounting the compensator today, as well as the roller and meal sleeve. I know I need the spring too, but these are discontinued. Does anyone know the spring rate, length or any other details for this? Also, can't seem to log into vagcat, does anyone have a pic of the compensator full set up and/or an exploded view from etka/vagcat?

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 10:19:17 pm »
ive got spares around the place, pm your address and il get 1 off to you before the weekend