Author Topic: Problem with CD player  (Read 2600 times)

Offline langersG40

• Members
Problem with CD player
« on: May 21, 2011, 04:16:04 pm »
I'm having trouble getting my Sony cd player to work it's becoming a pain I know I have power to the unit as as soon as it's plugged in I can here it working but no sound or lights at the front does anybody know what all the coloured wires mean on the vw wiring loom??any help I would be most grateful
Regards
Chris
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 04:21:00 pm by langersG40 »

Offline AlexG40

• Members
Re: Problem with CD player
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 09:44:05 am »
Sony units wire up in an odd way. I presume you're using an ISO connector loom or has someone butchered your factory plugs?

Offline langersG40

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 02:39:05 pm »
Yeah I'm using a iso connector I defo have power as soon a I plug it in you here the cd player work but nothing comes on the screen the cd player works fine as it work fine in the wifes car

Offline AlexG40

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 06:56:04 pm »
Right, and this is totally from memory so you may have to tweak it but I'm pretty sure I've had this before and it's to do with the yellow power/earth wires that you have to join up out side of the ISO connector (the ones with the thick pvc boots on). IIRC there are a couple of different configurations that are possible and getting it wrong can make the internals work with no display. 

Offline 86C

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 12:28:49 am »
Usually with Sony units, you have problems with the wiring which affects the memory storage for settings and radio stations etc. This is usually cured by swapping over the red and yellow wires on the Sony loom. Not heard of any issues with no sound or display though...

Offline AlexG40

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 10:09:02 pm »
Yeh, I think what Steve is saying is right and is what I was thinking of. I'm sure it gave me the OP's symptoms in my case. Was a few years back now though and I'm getting old...