Author Topic: engine revs sound problem  (Read 1228 times)

Offline dom101

• Members
engine revs sound problem
« on: May 18, 2011, 03:48:19 pm »
basically, its hard to explain, but two main problems with the g at the minute.

first is that everytime i push on the accelration the pedel and revs seem to stick and dont come down agian unles si flick the pedal back with my foot, is this jsut a case of tightening up the cables? as when i push the cluthc in the revs shoot right back up?

second problem has jsut started happening recently, driving along, when change gear and give it some throtle it sounds really, raspy, old and chuddering you could say, but when you lay off and are jsut crusing its fine its only when you put your foot down, i had a look under the bonnoet whilst the engine was still on and  it was comnig from the drivers side, only thing i notice was the main engine belt, make a slurring sound and seem to be moving from side to side ever so slighty, im not sure if its meant to do this?

any help would be great, sorry about my explanation its complicated to explain  >:(

Dom

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
Re: engine revs sound problem
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 04:27:18 pm »
have you had a look at the throttle cable, the clip that goes by the bracket may have gone awol.

check its returning correctly when you have the car off.

engine pulleys shouldnt move side to side, take a video if your unable to explain it correctly, as its almost impossible to diagnose problems over the internet without reasonably coherent explanations.

Offline dom101

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 02:14:57 pm »
the puleys fine, jsut my mis judgement,

im still have problems with everytime i go to push down on the acceleration it douns like its working harder than normal and like a rattle noice but only when you put your foot down, could it be a clutch fault? but clutch inside feels fine no problems with gear change, cant put my finger on what it could be?

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 03:49:43 pm »
when your foot is down, your boost return valve will be closing so more boost will be going into your engine, can you pinpoint your rattle, it could be many things, gearbox/charger/engine etc

get a video, again to sound like a broken record, its very hard to diagnose faults without seein the car in person, so a vid is the next best thing.

is the car in a healthy state of tune? decent spark plugs and leads? charger serviced recently? oil and filter change done recently? base timing and idle set?

Offline dom101

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 05:32:37 pm »
going to go get a video now. yeah everyhtings been serviced and supercharger was serviced and rebuilot around 5k miles ago.
the pulley on the supercharger doesnt seem loose when engine running, and make a slight sound from the pullyes. but nothing major only when driving do you notice the noise like a chugging noise.

to pinpoint the sound is hard as only whilst driving in gear does it start, not whilst jsut revving, its when its in gear and you start to put your foot down is when the sound begins
other sound from the engine bay is the injectors are tapping loudly well the one on the furthest right.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 05:37:02 pm by dom101 »