Author Topic: wiring help - indentifying cut wires :/  (Read 2218 times)

Offline dom101

• Members
wiring help - indentifying cut wires :/
« on: May 23, 2011, 05:28:30 pm »
basically pulled the dash apart and there were wires cut here there and everywhere so started to sort out tidy up and re wire a few alarm bits and came across these parts, would love to know where they go to and if i can jsut get rid of them, taped them all up aswell as they had jsut been left ???

any help would be great.

located with the radio wiring halp goes round the back of steering wheel and the other half withthe ec wiring, only thing ive thoguht is old radio wires?

and this one, massive wire jsut chopped off, comnig from passenger footwell, furthest lead on the left at the back

thanks in advance

Offline 86C

• Members
Re: wiring help - indentifying cut wires :/
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 06:46:31 pm »
The wiring in the first two pics is speaker wiring.

As for the last pic, all black wires suggests some sort of aftermarket immobiliser or alarm has just been cut out. There'll probably be live wires in that lot somewhere :o

Offline dom101

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 10:44:14 pm »
cant be speaker wire as the speakers all wried up but aftermarket wiring. yeah do gs come with a standard alarm then? surely i can jsut rip that one out

Offline dom101

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 12:23:59 am »
as my g had another alarm system fitted

Offline 86C

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 12:24:56 am »
That's the standard factory speaker wiring, and if someone has put their own wiring in, that's probably why it's been cropped out like it has.

G40's didn't come with any form of electronic security as standard. Most stuff was dealer fit back in the day.