Author Topic: Tracking  (Read 2045 times)

Offline G40HR

• Members
Tracking
« on: May 02, 2011, 10:18:43 am »
I am desperate to find someone who can either do my tracking for me or help me do it myself.
I have recently changed my clutch and as part of that changed the inner and outer CV joint. Needless to say my car would drive in circles now if I didn't hold onto the steering wheel.
I have never done the tracking myself but am willing to give it a go.
Let say it this way anything is better then the comments I get when i try and book it in anywhere.
I live not far from Romford in Essex (no, I am not blond!  :D).
Forget Elite please as they keep setting off my tracker units on both the G40s and the VR6.
I am happy to pay for having it done, I just need it done properly.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
Re: Tracking
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 10:23:19 am »
Just pop into any garage, I think kwik fit and ATS are about £25 and use lazer tracking if that helps? There's nothing special about a polo, the chassis is a 40 odd yr old design! So if someone can't do your tracking then something's up. (assuming it's standard and not got adjustable top mounts and so on to further confuse them).

Offline NeilG40

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 12:59:52 pm »
They'll probably get confused at having to do one side with the steering wheel, isn't that the usual thing that happens.

Offline Raw

• Members
  • It ain't dubbin 'less her thighs are rubbin'
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 12:22:29 pm »
Yep that's wat happend to me - they tried to adjust both sides. Then they tried to tell me one of the arms was dammaged (bent) and need replacing!