Author Topic: Broken 3/4" Torquing hole.  (Read 2714 times)

Offline Lost_Cause

• Members
Broken 3/4" Torquing hole.
« on: April 27, 2011, 06:35:43 pm »
Hey lads, been a lurker on here for a while but hopefully things will change.
Trying to put my G40 back to roadworthy status after 6 years off the road. I had to remove my alternator due to it not charging right (but that's a different story) & it's been so long since I tinkered with the old girl that I forgot a few things.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, I've broken a piece off of the G-lader casing where you insert the 3/4" lug of the torque wrench to torque the belts.
The casing itself is intact but the outlook on being able to re-torque the charger is bleak.
Can this be done by other means, ie, jack it from under neath, or am I just screwed?

Cheers,

Donie.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: Broken 3/4" Torquing hole.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 06:55:02 pm »
you can just replace the charger mounting bracket... or weld it... or jack it from the bottom like a pikey

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 08:55:16 pm »
you can just replace the charger mounting bracket... or weld it... or jack it from the bottom like a pikey
i deffo jacked it from the bottom like a pikey once.

Offline G40supercharged

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 11:42:11 pm »
Have a look on the for sale forum; I think 'SuperchargedPolo' has the GLader bracket you need (if I remember correctly the torquing hole is on the detatcheable cover that goes over the small belt).

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 08:15:19 am »
i deffo jacked it from the bottom like a pikey once.

oh the inuendo! lol

Offline Lost_Cause

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 12:03:46 pm »
Have a look on the for sale forum; I think 'SuperchargedPolo' has the GLader bracket you need (if I remember correctly the torquing hole is on the detatcheable cover that goes over the small belt).

Spot on man, asked him last night about it. Have another offer of one too, but will wait for him to come back to me outta courtesy.