Author Topic: 1992 Polo G40 - Metallic Grey  (Read 17562 times)

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
Re: 1992 Polo G40 - Metallic Grey
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2011, 04:41:34 pm »
3 months of blatting it about in low-traction surfaces meant baldy mc baldy falkens so stuck the OZ's on temporarily.

its amazing the difference in traction between budget tyres and performance ones even with 5mm more tread than the falkens, I'm still spinning up in most gears!

next job is to change the gearbox selector shaft seal as its leaky mc leaking!

also with massive thanks to stuart norman of PPS for sorting me and a few friends out with a fantastic group buy, I got the new subframe on at the weekend, and the old subframe will be heading its way over to Cheys03 at the RR day

woop

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2011, 09:29:12 am »
I like them wheels!  8)

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2011, 12:32:02 am »
braved the elements to wash and polish the car pre mot. car has a new ticket woop, needed rear wheel bearings nipping up (so they got regreased too) and an os outer cv bootay.

emissions hmmm fitting a spare lambda, new vw blue and black temp sender tomorrow, as well as changing the gearbox selector bush. will be a good way to christen the new unit!

but ive got a gt head, which is going to be rebuilt with some g40 sodium valves. are the followers g40 specific too? as i have the ones in the GT head but also a spare set of ones from a PY lump.

the refreshed head is hopefully going to grace the g40s original rebuilt bottom end and i can bolt all the standard gear back on the engine.

btw does anyone have a snippet of the loom with the vag-com plug? mines been butchered for a radio power feed.

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2011, 01:32:29 am »
first decent wash since above! and now running a relatively standard 97k engine (shell now about 200 miles off 180k)