Author Topic: Autogauge Boost Gauge installation  (Read 3001 times)

Offline tez

• Members
Autogauge Boost Gauge installation
« on: March 16, 2011, 01:59:26 pm »
Hi guys

My G40 came with an Autogauge boost gauge fitted but not wired up. It's one of the stepper motor ones, like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUTOGAUGE-2-52mm-Stepper-Motor-Boost-Gauge-WHITE-LED-/380322483157?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item588cfc8bd5#ht_6775wt_1135

I've wired in the loom from the sender today but have got some bits left over and no power :D Does anybody have one of these, or know where I could get a copy of the instructions?

I think the extra loom might be for wiring in more gauges, and the power/earth go to the two silver nuts?

Cheers

Offline cheys03

• Members
Re: Autogauge Boost Gauge installation
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 05:26:31 pm »
The two silver nuts will be for a gauge holder bracket.
I'm not familiar with this gauge at all...but generally for an electric boost gauge I'd guess you'd have 5-6 connectors:

Power - 12v
Power - earth
Illumination loom - 12v variable
Illumination loom - earth
Sensor feed
Possible sensor feed earth

Is there not a manual available from their website?

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 05:40:56 pm »
I can scan the fitting instructions for my gauge, if you want?

It's a Stack stepper motor unit.

Offline tez

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 07:11:05 pm »
Cheers guys, I can't find a website for Autogauge at all. The only data I can find is for their range of manual boost gauges.

As you can see on the second picture, there are two loom connections going into the back of the gauge. One of them runs to the sender itself, and the other has got yellow/black/red wires coming out. I'm assuming these are for 12v/ignition live/earth.

Alex: If you could scan it in then it would be really helpful, cheers.