Author Topic: Why has my Karma gone down  (Read 15336 times)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Why has my Karma gone down
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2011, 12:36:53 pm »
it's just meant to be a bit of silly fun, I think we'll probably end up turning it off since people seem to be mistaking it for something that actually matters.

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2011, 04:13:28 pm »
It should be a good idea; people who are giving out sound info/being helpful etc. could be recognised by their karma. So I'd be happy with it if their were no individual applauds or smites; maybe a collective action(five or ten to register in any one thread) before anyone got +-.

Offline cheys03

• Members
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2011, 07:42:06 pm »
Good point. On a large forum it makes sense to have the ability to 'grade' users by their knowledge, helpfulness and contribution to the club. Also a reputation can be built when buying/selling parts.
On a forum this size though, IMO it's easy to become familiar with the users and identify the good from the bad. For buying/selling there's both the company and user feedback sections. Karma is largely irrelevant and certainly not to be taken to heart - after all not everything is easily communicable on-line and people can get the wrong end of the stick.

Offline grantvw

• Members
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2011, 12:06:24 am »
Its all fun and games until someone looses a karma point lol  ;D

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2011, 12:58:45 am »
Ha! Me and Haysey had this conversation as i wondered who was smiting me, and saw you had done me twice, and then checked your posts and thought, i actually have no idea who this is? or why he is smiting me????

If you look i am online most of the time as i leave my computer on most of the time.

Crazy logic you have, and then you follow it up saying it is good in theory but open to petty abuse, you are doing exactly that tho

like cheys says, it does not really have a purpose on this forum

For the record i have smited you for your silly assumptions, and then in the next hour i will smite you for smiting me for no reason, even tho you owe me about 3 or 4 applauds by looks of it.

Just do what other people on here do, drive by smiting. A good while back when my karma was a mere -6, I saw it change to -7. It was the wee small hours and the only people online were Dan Knight and two others I can't remember. Now I hadn't been putting my foot in it for some time so wouldn't have expected any alterations. A couple of weeks ago, on the dizzy limit of -10, I noticed my Karma had gone up ??? to -9. Again, even as I watched, it went back to -10. I had a look at who was online and there was Volkov, Alex, Hardchargin and once again, Dan Knight. I'm not a gambler, but odds of 5/2 against Dan smiting me look pretty good, so I'm smiting Dan now( I see I'm not alone) just in the passing. After all, it's just a bit of fun isn't it ?

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2011, 11:06:49 am »
Odds of 5/2 against isn't crazy logic Dan. Man up and get your act together.

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2011, 01:07:07 pm »
im trying to figure out if you are serious or joking?

I hope you aint a gambling man because you would have just lost your bet

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2011, 07:51:25 pm »
Perfectly serious Dan. Your in the frame in two very tight groups of people when I've had a smite. What happens when you get a smite or two? you go to Haysey Bibble,Bibble,Bibble,Paul someone's smiting me. Other folk have the balls to come on the forum and challenge what they see as unwarranted smiting. Your response, when I say I'm smiting you is to say is that my action's illogical and threaten to smite me. Carry on mate, all that's happening here is that anyone looking at this forum will think we are a bunch of juveniles.   

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2011, 08:03:07 pm »
dude

i never smited you in the first place, i have no idea who you are.

I saw my level drop and was curious as to why, so i asked haysey if there was any way of tracking it, and it came up with you smiting me.

I didnt cry at him, i just asked, when he said it was you, then i asked the question, why on earth is he smiting me?

Didnt think anything of it, but at least now i know you were smiting me for your own bizarre reason.

Im still amazed you are arguing this out, you are clearly in the wrong.

before you reply

"I DID NOT SMITE YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE"
(just anticipating your reply)

Offline grantvw

• Members
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2011, 08:24:16 pm »
Perfectly serious Dan. Your in the frame in two very tight groups of people when I've had a smite. What happens when you get a smite or two? you go to Haysey Bibble,Bibble,Bibble,Paul someone's smiting me. Other folk have the balls to come on the forum and challenge what they see as unwarranted smiting. Your response, when I say I'm smiting you is to say is that my action's illogical and threaten to smite me. Carry on mate, all that's happening here is that anyone looking at this forum will think we are a bunch of juveniles.  
WTF are you stressing for can you not read that karma is a bit of fun think your the one thats being a juvenile for throwing your toys out of your cot about it

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2011, 09:27:00 pm »
As you said yourself Grant, " it's all a bit of fun till someone looses a Karma point". What I don't like about it though is when someone wants to know why they are being smited and they get smited for asking the question; pretty juvenile. People get smited for being stupid when they are only niaive and as Cheys03 points out, there's a lot of "lost in translation" scenarios where unwarranted smiting creeps in. I personally feel that far too many people are into smiting for all the wrong reasons. I feel it disrupts what is a pretty good forum and most of all I feel that Moderaters shouldn't be involved in it. As you can see they don't like it either. Time it went. Is it worth a vote?

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2011, 01:41:16 pm »
right it's gone, life is too short for this bullshit. 

Now you will have to find something else to stress about for no apparent reason :D

Offline grantvw

• Members
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2011, 05:47:14 pm »
Haysey i'm gonna start stressing about your sunroof plate still being priered get it painted

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2011, 07:39:45 pm »
i would like to thank all the people envolved in this thread topic - it has made me chuckle for the last 2 minutes!

Offline grantvw

• Members
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2011, 08:06:36 pm »
It is my main aim in life to make people laugh  ;D