Author Topic: Mk2 G40  (Read 4270 times)

Offline Daryl

• Members
Mk2 G40
« on: February 27, 2011, 10:02:40 pm »
New polo.

This is how it started off

So i got it back to the unit as this was going to be a weekend project. Then started to take it apart...

Picked up a py lump in Feb 09

Engine needs a rebuild most parts have now been sourced.

Been making little progress as i don't get much time to work on the car. Bottom end has been stripped ready to be sent off, the gt/g40 rear axle has been rebuilt, cleaned up and painted a few bits, some of the sealant has been stripped from where the front wings sit due to abit of surface rust.

Next on list of things to do get it outside for a good clean and get the engine bay stitched up. :-p

Slowly getting there brake lines have been removed drivers arch has been sprayed, leggs have been sprayed and a cheap 60/80 kit is being fitted for the moment so i can move it around. Still got to spray the other archs once the little bits of rust have been sorted.

Heres how its looking

Found this picture on a french site from bug jam 2008

Would like to see this back on the road by the end of 2010

Finally a little progress I've brought a friends charger off him as he was breaking his G40 due to melted piston.

We came to a price and my help breaking his car I've got some uprated engine mounts which he had made a few years ago, New harder rear beam bushes which was made from the same company that did the engine mounts, Steering damper, New leads, New Plugs, Sensors, Salzmann adjustable top mounts, fuel lines, G60 injectors, 65mm charger pulley, filter etc.

Also on the cards I'm looking to buy his gearbox with a quaife diff setup for track use.

Thanks to 10pin I've now got a 3f inlet manifold which i gave a little going over just need to get up to the unit to finish it off.

Gonna start getting my ass in gear and get the front end cut for the boost pipes, inter cooler and oil cooler.

The car will now be sitting on Gaz coil overs in a few weeks time they all need a good clean first.

Just a quick snap

Also one of the top mounts

Plan is to send the block and head off to Rob Walkers Machine Shop

Thinking of going for a full lighten and balance, honed, block decked.

Back on the floor

Temp wheels to roll on

Hope to get it over the pit soon for a lick of paint.

Daryl

Offline Daryl

• Members
Re: Mk2 G40
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 10:08:42 pm »
Taken from my blog on club polo.

Not done much in awhile as Ive been moving house. With the house Ive got a garage which needs abit of work first before i can put the polo in.

Garage updates soon.

Daryl

Offline 10pin

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 10:45:23 pm »
Yo daryll

the hoa-g is almost ready for an MOT now hah i want to see this donee
where have you moved to man?
a friend of mine bought that blue mk2 golf that was at your unit its pretty smart now

Offline Daryl

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 11:11:17 am »
Yo daryll

the hoa-g is almost ready for an MOT now hah i want to see this donee
where have you moved to man?
a friend of mine bought that blue mk2 golf that was at your unit its pretty smart now

Glad its nearly ready for mot mate will be good to see it back on the road again. Moved to Wherwell. Will be cracking on with the polo soon. Need to get some flooring down in the garage before i bring it back from the unit. Drop me a pm with your number again mate and will have to arrange to meet up.

Whats your friend done with the golf? It was abit of a shed that car.

Offline 10pin

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 01:53:38 pm »
Yeah man im hoping to be on the raod for easter but it always takes longer than i think
all Wherewell not too far then i go past the unit most weekend and i always think i should text you see if your down there,

with that golf hes welded and painted the boot and stuff it looks real smart hes also had a stainless exhaust made up for it

you should pop over somewhen do you still need the fuel lines and pump?

ill send you my number,,

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 03:53:33 pm »
Daryl thats looking great mate!

Were they the gaz coilies from joe's? I wish i bought them now!

Oh, remember that oil feed pipe that split last year, joe gave me a spare one that he wanted back. Want me to send it back to you?

Offline Daryl

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 09:01:42 pm »
Thanks James

Yeah i brought the coil overs from Joe as i would of brought some in the future as its a good set up. Hows yours coming along? I went in Joe's new tvr the other night god damm its silly quick.

Yeah if i could get that oil feed back mate that would be great i will drop you a pm with my address. Do you want me to get that paper work he has for you and send it on?

Little bit of a garage update its now all clear for it to come home just need to get some lights put up and i can crack on getting it finished.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 10:17:15 pm »
Thought they were.

What tvr has he got then? I thought he was after a bmw?

If you pop me your address i will send it before i go away on bank holiday monday.

Is that for the exhaust system? That would be handy actually. Having a slight problem with it blowing. Might be under warranty still.

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 03:42:16 pm »
winning?

Offline Daryl

• Members
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 10:55:48 am »
winning?

Nope car is still not back yet. This missus has had me busy doing decorating and putting a new head gasket on the lupo  :(

But i have been sourcing more bits. Most of the bolts/nuts top end (inlet, throttle etc) have been matched up the correct sizes etc so Ive got A4 grade stainless on the way to me.

Ive got my fuel lines and bracket now. Bracket had loads of rust all over it so i gave it to my brother as well as the sump to get blasted and they have both come back looking new. So that will get painted soon. Now the lupo is out the way of the garage now should be able to get the car back soon.

How you doing with your two mate?

Thanks

Daryl