Author Topic: New member - Current project  (Read 8155 times)

Offline Tommyk

• Members
  • will i ever finish the project!!!
New member - Current project
« on: September 16, 2008, 01:58:29 pm »
Hi all, im new to the forum and thought id introduce myself and also show you a few sneak pics at my current project.

Basic specs for the car as follows, although a lot of things im keeping to myself! ;)

Bodywork:
The general theme will be smooth bumpers, relocated filler cap, custom work on the tailgate, pulled and smoothed arches, A4 handles, no mirrors (I have oem blanking plates but am building a custom one for mots, actually the Mrs is making it as she gotta learn somehow so thought id give her a small project to start with! lol), wide dished wheels with a bit of tuck up front an poke out back!  ;) (Havent decided what yet though), Seam-welded & smoothed engine bay with a few trick touches which ill keep under the hat at the mo. I'm keeping the heater but ill mod it to look pleasing on the eye. Im keeping the original colour of Capri Green as its a lush colour.

Engine:
I have a nice rebuilt G40 turbo motor which should be fruity.
It has ported and polished GT inlet and ported & polished G40 throttle body. Chromed sump and other bits n bobs, rebuilt 250cc G60 injectors, forge Actuator & intercooler, extended & hidden wiring. I will also be using an Emerald ECU at a later date when money allows.

Chassis  & Suspension:
Subrame & Wishbone conversion, custom upper front strut brace, Poly engine mounts & suspension bushes, rear strut braces. Gaz Coilovers, Camber adjustable topmounts.

Interior:
For the time being it will be a semi stripped theme with Sparco buckets & Harnesses, but will have some completely custom G40 front & rear seats which will be built up an re-shaped!

Anyways thats the general theme an hope you like the ideas, with comments welcome.

Cheers,  

Tommy.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 11:34:44 am by Tommyk »

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
Re: New member - Current project
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 03:11:27 pm »
hi Tommy nice project you got goin on there,
would love to see it when its finished. have you had the car long?
don't have a spare G40 passenger seat do u by any chance?
just thought i'd ask, i'm struggling finding one.
keep posting the pics up.
cheers Tom

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
Re: Re: New member - Current project
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 06:14:04 pm »
looks interesting!

is that a crack i can see on the chassis leg??????

Offline G-spot

• Members
Re: Re: Re: New member - Current project
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 09:36:13 pm »
[quote pid=4164 author=DKnight date=1221585244]
is that a crack i can see on the chassis leg??????[/quote]

Looks like a settling of paint dust on the edge of the underbody paint to me, but good spotting Dan.

Must say though, now its all open I'd recommned that extra bit of welding and stiffing of the front end.

Offline Tommyk

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: New member - Current project
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 08:42:46 am »
[quote pid=4157 author=tdh-syorks date=1221574287]hi Tommy nice project you got goin on there,
would love to see it when its finished. have you had the car long?
don't have a spare G40 passenger seat do u by any chance?
just thought i'd ask, i'm struggling finding one.
keep posting the pics up.
cheers Tom[/quote]

hi yeah had the car a few years although its been off the road for about a year an a half now. The dizzy went on it an i got a new car too so thought id take the plunge an go all out with it!

Sorry no Spare seats im afraid. there was quite a few for sale on CP when i looked a few days ago. although finding a single one could be tricky!

Offline Tommyk

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New member - Current project
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 09:11:22 am »
[quote pid=4164 author=DKnight date=1221585244]looks interesting!

no cracks thankfully Dan! its just dust as G-spot said settle on the edge of the stone chip underseal.

before i started ripping it apart, the bay was perfect! the only rust is the bit you can see where the bumper support bolts to! an def no cracks thank god! lol

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New member - Current project
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 09:45:15 am »
looks like the start of a very nice and nippy Turbo'd G  :D

Have you considered get a wish bone subframe conversion for it?

Offline Tommyk

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New member - Current project
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 09:48:26 am »
[quote pid=4164 author=DKnight date=1221585244]looks interesting!

on a tangent, Yoof said you might have a spare G40 ECU for sale...... which i thought i saw one advertised a while back on CP.....  so please let me know if you have as its one of the last pieces of the jigsaw i need for the project!

Cheers,

Tommy.

Offline Tommyk

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New member - Current project
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 04:34:22 pm »
[quote pid=4176 author=wozzaG40 date=1221641115]looks like the start of a very nice and nippy Turbo'd G  :D

Have you considered get a wish bone subframe conversion for it?[/quote]

yeah subframe/wishbone conversion is high up on the list of wants! hopefully early next year when the bay is painted an engine in ill look at getting one.

main things i need really are G40 ecu as sold my original as was gonna buy the emerald first, then i need a new G40 steering rack an rose jointed lower arms.
Shrick cam from PP an just a few niggly things from vag like the little locating boss things that go on the engine to align the gearbox... hopefully they still available.... anyone know?
oh an polly bushes...... im sure there is loads of shit ive forgot but ah well! lol    im doing a custom upper strut brace which will be cool. seen one on a dutch G40 so ill let everyone have a guess at what that will look like!

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New member - Current project
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 04:42:02 pm »
i'd look on the german ebay site for that stuff, www.ebay.de apart from  the language been a bit different
you should work your way round it.

Offline Tommyk

• Members
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 11:29:48 am »
more pics as others have disappeared

am doing some welding this week too so will have some updated pics in a few days......

Offline Tommyk

• Members
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 11:30:35 am »
engine pic