Author Topic: Estimate on BHP  (Read 1099 times)

Offline N17K CP

• Members
Estimate on BHP
« on: February 24, 2011, 09:26:24 pm »
Sorry to ask such an anal question, and with not really much idea of what has been done to the engine, it could prove to be a pointless one but I can tell you the things it definitely has and perhaps someone has a G with similar mods!?

R1 Spec Charger
Chip and pulley (65mm)
tubular manifold
Ported and polished head
Induction kit
Full stainless exhaust

Possibly has bigger injectors. I dont know what ones they are but if someone could tell me whats standard on a G40 and I will go have a look on the weekend (Does it go by the colour of them?)
I am sure he said it had other stuff done, but I dont want to say it has when im unsure.

Like I said before, I am sure people ask this all the time and there is no definite answer, I am after a ball park figure more than anything else as I would like to get it on the rollers when its been sprayed anyway.

Thanks in advance! :)

Offline xandyx

• Members
Re: Estimate on BHP
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 09:33:18 pm »
with those specs, i would say...160bhp!

Offline N17K CP

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 09:39:00 pm »
I was actually told it was about 160bhp when I picked it up but didn't want to say as I thought it might be miles off. I will have to get it RR'd and post the figures up. Thanks for the reply mate  :)

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 10:45:03 pm »
If it's been custom mapped and the head's a good one, maybe 160bhp. But 150bhp might be more like it, especially if it's still on the stock cam.

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 11:50:42 pm »
late 140's, early 150's.