Author Topic: ignition timing  (Read 1694 times)

Offline dani1326

• Members
ignition timing
« on: February 21, 2011, 09:05:45 pm »
right iv had my cam fitted, set up with the pulley and now need a new distributor because JBS autos are having a few problems setting up the timing advance due to the dizzy ( think its folty somthing to do with the back of it )

they said somthing about the timing advance not being correct due to the folty dizzy, anyone got any clues???

could they be having problems too because it has a 20vt bottom pulley?? and the timing marks being in the wrong place or non exsistant?? or am i wrong?? i have NOT got a clue when it comes to this type of thing
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:51:45 pm by dani1326 »

Offline Andy

• Traders
Re: ignition timing
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 09:31:41 pm »
I'd be worried if they can't work out how to set the ignition timing!!

Offline dani1326

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 09:46:12 pm »
I'd be worried if they can't work out how to set the ignition timing!!

no thats not it iv explaned it wrong, ill edit it now lol

sorted now
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:48:30 pm by dani1326 »

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 05:48:06 am »
They do know that they've got to unplug the blue temp sender to put Digifant into service mode don't they?

Even if the bottom pulley has no markings, they should be competant enough to make a TDC marker for it and then use a timing light with dial-in advance to set the timing.

Offline dani1326

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 08:30:02 am »
They do know that they've got to unplug the blue temp sender to put Digifant into service mode don't they?

Even if the bottom pulley has no markings, they should be competant enough to make a TDC marker for it and then use a timing light with dial-in advance to set the timing.

I believe so its just the way they didn't describe it to me in detail, they just said about the timing advance not setting up but that could be the nacked dizzy??