Author Topic: Compressor maps - best of these???  (Read 2719 times)

Offline Doc J

• Members
  • GT40 - AE86C
Compressor maps - best of these???
« on: February 11, 2011, 11:03:08 pm »
Witch of these compressor maps would be best for the G40 engine? I'm hesitating abot 3 turbos, I'll tell you later the exact turbos, I think the first is best, but I want you opinions. I think to drive it at 1 bar pressure.

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
Re: Compressor maps - best of these???
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 11:57:32 am »
That bottom one is a gt 2056 and is great if you want your power much higher up, I'd say the second compressor map the one in the middle (gt 2052 of some sort ??) is the best all rounder with good efficent at higher and lower boost ranges and would be a very good choice the top one doesn't look like it will efficently produce higher boost pressures.
   All three are would work my personal opinion would be the middle one looks a good all rounder for a road/occasinal track car the gt2056 would be good for more track than road but would still work. Both the 2052 and 2056 are only oil cooled though so maybe a larger oil cooler would be required, it all depends on what kinda power you want and how much boost you can run on your motor aswell as the displacment I say app this assuming you have a 1341 motor with forget pistons ? As when I researched this that's what I did all my calcs using 1341 as the displacment, the 2056 can produce alot more boost and more power but is more efficeint higher up the rev range.
     Just my thoughts on it let me know what you decide will be intresting to see the results as I did some reasearch into this range of turbos when looking at the gt17. 

Offline Doc J

• Members
  • GT40 - AE86C
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 11:53:31 pm »
First is GT2052 52 trim, second is GT2052 48 trim, and third - You know it - GT2056. I'm using 1272cc, almost stock head and a 3F (GT) cam. Custom intake manifold and exhaust with equal runners. Almost stock pistons (just lightened, shaved skirts). Just want 1 bar (14.5 psi) in the range of 2500/3000-7000 rpm.

I can get newly GT2052V from V6 TDI at good price and then change the hot-part from variable to wastegated, and I'm hesitating about the compressor part - is it a good choice.

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 05:22:23 pm »
I would say The 2052 in 52 trim would be good for your motor considering you only want to run a bar buy if you ever intend on running any more boost I would go for the 48 trim. This is what I would say without doing all the calcs specificaly for this engine