Author Topic: forge actuator springs  (Read 2764 times)

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
forge actuator springs
« on: February 09, 2011, 09:09:04 pm »
trying to get hold of some springs, but listed on the forge website including vat and postage a set of 4 springs comes to £30 i only need one or maybe two at the most, just wondered if any one knows if you can buy them seperatly and if so how much they cost ?? a set of three for all the other actuators they have on there website comes to £9 dunno why this one is so expensive for a set !
  Second thing is to run between 6-15 psi which spring do i need green or yellow or will i need both ??

Offline cheys03

• Members
Re: forge actuator springs
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 10:32:41 pm »
Yeah, you can get them separately for ~£10 each. If you are buying the actuator new from them then you can specify the spring it comes with. Also if you phone them and explain the situation they're normally kind enough to send one out FOC.
Bit of a wide boost range that you're aiming for there. On mine the yellow spring with the actuator rod adjusted to minimum tension sees a reliable 9-10psi. If I then tighten the actuator rod 15+psi is possible. For 6psi you'll need the green spring.
I had a blue spring in lately and though it is definitely stronger than the yellow it only raised the minimum boost to 11-12psi. The vast majority of the adjustment is done with the actuator rod IME - though I don't have experience of 20+psi spring configs.

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 10:57:22 pm »
 ive got a green one in it now, if there a tenner each i mayaswell get the kit although ill try phoning them and see if i can wangle a free one ill go for blue for 15  and keep the green one for 6ish. thanks for that

Offline cheys03

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 11:20:15 pm »
no worries :)