Author Topic: Not the end of Sorn  (Read 5575 times)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Not the end of Sorn
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 11:26:58 am »
So did the daily mail get there information completly wrong?

don't believe anything you read in the daily fail ;)

Offline BIG E

• Members
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 06:44:10 pm »
Lets have a bit more clarification on Sorn and Insurance. I have three cars, My GTI is taxed and insured. My Polo CL Coupe is taxed and insured. My G is off the road on sorn But is still insured. So if i want to put my G back on the road, and I road tax it say for just six months, can i under these new rules just insure it for the same six month period? Or will i have to insure it for a year. Also what would happen if your insurance runs out while your car is still on sorn? under these new proposed regulations.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 07:22:20 pm »
As long as you sorn it once the insurance does run out then you're ok.  It just can't be taxed and uninsured at the same time.

Offline BIG E

• Members
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2011, 10:22:22 am »
Thanks Hayesey, I also contacted the AA , This is the official details:  The continuous insurance enforcement scheme will provide a new fixed penalty for people who ignore official reminders that thier insurance has expired. This will apply to vehicles that are not declared as being off the road through SORN and not insured. Continuing offenders will risk having their vehicle seized and destroyed.  Where a motor vehicle is not used on a road or other public place there is no requirement to purchase insurance for[ ON ROAD RISK ] as long as a SORN declaration has been made. The continuous insurance enforcement scheme is expected to come into force during 2011.    So thats it the only basic differance as far as i can see is you will get a reminder about your insurance renewal.