Author Topic: Lancia delta 4 wheel drive on a g40?  (Read 1375 times)

Offline GR40

• Members
Lancia delta 4 wheel drive on a g40?
« on: January 28, 2011, 01:50:58 pm »
Ok, so I was at the gas station yesterday and a fellow comes near me and asks about the car! He claims to have a G40, apparently a crashed to oblivion one (shorted up to the front seats after a crash), but what he says and makes me wonder is that he had fitted a Delta Integrale tranmition and 4 wheel drive system to his Polo ??? ! I know you can probably do anything now days but he says its really easy to fit and any good mechanic can do it! I will probably go over and look at the dead body of his G and take some pictures but has anyone ever heard of something similar?

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
Re: Lancia delta 4 wheel drive on a g40?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 07:21:42 pm »
well if my memory serves me correctly, when i went to buy a delta before i got my rallye i did note that the engine leaned forward like a small block vw, and had the starter motor on the back of the box, like a 085 box.
i can imagine its a right bloody sod to fit a transfer box in the space we have. major surgery whatever the score and you may aswell 20v it

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 07:24:55 pm »
told ya

Offline Phil

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 12:55:15 am »
Go see this guy, and get lots of pics! Certainly something everyone would want to see I'm sure.

Gearbox looks like it might blag on there, who has a friend with an intergrale and a broken/spare gearbox?