Author Topic: N/S/F Polly bush problem  (Read 1974 times)

Offline sohailG40

• Members
N/S/F Polly bush problem
« on: December 04, 2010, 11:11:45 pm »
Ok guys I have replaced 2 in a short period so there is something wrong ok let me explain

The near side outer bush which the anti roll bar goes through keeps ripping out and they have been polly bushes so I don't know what's wrong. Please some out there that has had the same problem or can anyone help

Thanks for your time ppl

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: N/S/F Polly bush problem
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 12:04:47 am »
Are you using copper grease on them? They need this so they don't stick and tear, also, are you using decent quality bushes?

Offline sohailG40

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 12:04:31 pm »
Thanks for you reply hayesey yes I have been using powerflex bushes the perpel one and yes I'm a mechanic so I had a lot of copper grease , they where swimming in it lol

Ok now I had the car on the ramp and what I did notice that it looked like the anti roll bar was ripping it and it looked like it had been fitted wrong pulling to one side when some one had do the ARB blocks but when I moved it now I can't fit one off the stops one the bar lol it's weird because when I had the standard ones they never ripped up with that anti roll bar like that anyway

Thanks for you time
Sohailg40

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 05:56:43 pm »
I've had this happen twice with Powerflex bushes too. If you whinge at them sufficiently they'll replace them free of charge.

Offline sohailG40

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 08:43:39 pm »
Yeh I tryed but they made a long story so I just keep buying thankfully there not that badly priced