Author Topic: Exhaust Question  (Read 1438 times)

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
Exhaust Question
« on: November 21, 2010, 02:43:20 pm »
Just a quicky really, will the G40 exhaust be a direct replacement for my 1.3 bready (L Reg), the flexi pipe has just decided to pack in on me today.

Seeing as i will be putting a G40 engine in soon, i would probs have to replace my exhaust anyway so i might as well do it now seeing as my old one has just broken.

Any help would be great.

Gav

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
Re: Exhaust Question
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 02:58:43 pm »
Might be 3" longer, or shorter - I forget which.  Just make sure it aligns right over the rear axle.

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 12:54:40 pm »
If i get it to allign right under the axle wont it be either too long or too short for fitment on the manifold?

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 08:59:26 am »
Shorter I think, i remember fitting a G40 exhaust to my old CL/GT because i couldn't be arsed to buy another standard exhaust when I had the G one lying around.  Had to get a step up piece from an exhaust place to slot in onto the downpipe.  Best way is to try it and see what you need.

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 09:25:24 pm »
Shorter I think, i remember fitting a G40 exhaust to my old CL/GT because i couldn't be arsed to buy another standard exhaust when I had the G one lying around.  Had to get a step up piece from an exhaust place to slot in onto the downpipe.  Best way is to try it and see what you need.

Cheers fella, i will look into it when i get one