Author Topic: More power please  (Read 3502 times)

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
Re: More power please
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 06:08:53 pm »
Life on charger depends on how you drive it. If you redline it a lot and bounce it off the rev limiter you will strip belts all the time and chargers dont like it. 20k is the ideal for a rebuild on a 65mm toothed pulley.

Would be good to get and will help your power as mentioned all the way through the rev range.

I ran 150bhp with standard bottom end, standard head, Full blend charger (my r1 jabba one gave more boost by 3 psi) 65mm toothed pulley, custom ally intercooler (only one ever made, helped psi increase by 2-3), de-wedged tb, gt inlet and full stainless exhaust system and G60 injectors. My boost pressure was around 18psi then after all the work i had done by boost pressure is 12 which was expected.

I think a remap with my 1st engine would of got maybe 160bhp at a push.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 06:10:45 pm »
Just re read your 1st post. Pretty much we had same setup and power would of been similar. Your might of been a few more horses due to the porting on head.

I think a remap would see 160bhp. Just stick a cam in it then map it.

Offline Jake G 4 0

• Members
  • Rebuild time almost over
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 05:51:17 pm »
Sorry about the late reply man I have been in London all week for the girlfriends birthday.  I think I may look into a bigger I/C, Cam and Green injectors with a nice map should see some nice results. 

Thanks for your advice jez