Author Topic: Ashley 4 Branch. Will it fit?  (Read 1319 times)

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
Ashley 4 Branch. Will it fit?
« on: October 26, 2010, 12:49:21 am »
Just been looking at ashley manifolds, i know some people have had v. good gains from ashley exhausts before (not on a vw though mainly cause the standard kit on it was piss poor!) and looked meticulously over club polo to see if they fit - appears some say yes some say no.

Would like a stainless one for looks but it would be wrapped anyway so mild is better for wrapping so i read?

anyway - link:
http://www.ashleyexhausts.co.uk/ashley-volkswagen-golfpolo-101113gt-421-manifold-avwm1_p1411113.htm
know the picture isnt the product. i saw when yoof's car was still a GT he had one - just need to know about the charger clearance - anyone had any experience?

thanks!

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Ashley 4 Branch. Will it fit?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 09:27:57 am »
fairly sure they don't clear the charger without some "modifications" involving a large hammer.

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 08:36:01 pm »
They don't, you have to smack No. 1 Cylinder in a fair bit, giving a flow restriction, and negating the point of a performance manifold.

Ours are as tight as possible without restricting flow, whilst still giving some charger clearance (although some modifications to the stock engine mount are required).

Having said that, I had one on my GT and it was a great cheap mod  :)

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 09:37:55 pm »
Ah ok - comedy reply hay's! :)
it a problem with the charger mount (which can be cut) or the whole charger itself? just want the best bang for buck atm! thanks guys

Offline newt

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 09:45:19 pm »
no they dont fit , they foul number 1 runner on charger ad cannotbe effectively sorted unless the runner in question is cut off and remade
just buy one that fits a g40

Offline dannyb.G40

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 03:27:14 pm »
I currently have one of the "modified" ashley manifolds fitted, how much of a restriction to the engine is it actually likely to make, i.e is it actually going to make enough difference to be worth replacing

cheers, Danny