Author Topic: g40 Re-build  (Read 1409 times)

Offline rochey88

• Members
g40 Re-build
« on: September 29, 2010, 12:52:37 am »
my g40 naw has done a little over 100k miles and im off to germany next year to the RING  ;D ;D

thinking of rebulding it before i go the charger has allready been re-built back 2 years ago has done around 10k miles so i think that will be fine or wont it ??

Where would i start?? any tips or adivce...

all new gaskets... etc etc i know but wot else...? im a nooooooooooooobie so be gentle  :-[

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: g40 Re-build
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 09:26:59 am »
hi, welcome to the forum.

Are you talking about an engine rebuild or a charger rebuild? 

I can't see any reason to rebuild the engine just because it's on 100k unless there is something wrong with it such as oil leaks, using water or using oil etc...

Charger should be ok at 10k and 2 years too, again unless it is leaking oil into the boost pipes or making funny noises.

Offline rochey88

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 02:30:27 pm »

I can't see any reason to rebuild the engine just because it's on 100k unless there is something wrong with it such as oil leaks, using water or using oil etc...

Charger should be ok at 10k and 2 years too, again unless it is leaking oil into the boost pipes or making funny noises.

to be honest id rather be safe than sorry i dont wanna break down in france because of something..?

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 04:25:44 pm »

Man up mate - it's only a 1000 miles there and back. Just give a service before hand. I went last year on a G at 180k miles and sat and 110+ the whole way and gave it he'll on the track. Faultless.

to be honest id rather be safe than sorry i dont wanna break down in france because of something..?