Author Topic: boost return, return............  (Read 3883 times)

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
Re: boost return, return............
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 01:01:38 pm »
lol an 8bhp increase? Is that possible? Who said that?

I dont think that would be possible?

I do agree with what you say justin about the radiator and that, i guess the only way to benefit would be to get a front mount setup if you want a lilttle cooler air temp?

http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=99&hl=8bhp
take a read. such a messy quote thread haha. love it though!

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 01:14:43 pm »
haha i dont beleive that. when i next take my car to the rr i will see what i gain as i havent rr'ed it since the return and its getting remapped soon.

This guy is insane, "To lubricate the charger, take off your blanking plate then start the car, hold the revs at around 2k and spray the grease into the charger for 10 seconds"

Suprised any air got through is charger! lol.

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 06:33:48 pm »
The increase in PS was more likely to be down to not having hot oil vapour recirculating back through the combustion cycle, i.e. a heavy breathing engine.

I remember Andy Boakes racing in the VW Cup at Croft, lap times getting slower and slower lap by lap during practice.  Removed the boost return after consultation with the race director and also Brian from Jabbasport who was there also, blanked 2nd inlet, back upto full speed again.  Engine was shortly rebuilt after that though.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2010, 06:47:06 pm »
Do you run the boost mod?

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2010, 07:37:04 pm »
Me?  Don't have a G.   But my old ones, first thing Id do is get rid and use PTFE Spray every 1K.  Always removed mine with other mods done at same time so no isolated difference felt, had good strong engines though.  Ran standard alone too on the black racer.  Main reason it was removed was for oil vapour return, I never cared for MPG when driving the Gs.  Even my daily shitbox has the oil breather return re-routed.

Offline newt

• Members
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2010, 08:33:19 pm »
without the boost return pipes in place , what is the "general "service interval for praying ptfe in the charger ,many people say many things,
mileage between lubricating?
engine rpm?
length of time spraying?
just wanna get a "picture" of how others lube charger

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2010, 09:15:11 pm »
What i do is spray it into one of the inlets every 1000 miles for about 2-3 seconds with the engine running at fast idle.

Offline newt

• Members
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2010, 10:23:17 am »
thats what i thought, i havent done that many miles in it yet, i have sprayed it wheni got it, i used to spray for a couple of seconds at 2k