Author Topic: Toothed pullies  (Read 3390 times)

Offline JregGT

• Members
Toothed pullies
« on: September 22, 2010, 10:09:51 pm »
Evening everybody, i'm looking for a replacement set of Toothed 65mm pullies for my engine. I've only found 1 place who can supply them, I've tried both G-werks and Jabba, and neither list any for a G40.
So I wondered if anybody knows of any companies still going, that can supply them.

Cheers in advance

Rich

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: Toothed pullies
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 10:18:31 pm »
i believe bartek supply and you can get em on ebay, but they are heavy steel ones, not light alloy like psd ones!

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 12:01:58 am »
Evening everybody, i'm looking for a replacement set of Toothed 65mm pullies for my engine. I've only found 1 place who can supply them, I've tried both G-werks and Jabba, and neither list any for a G40.
So I wondered if anybody knows of any companies still going, that can supply them.

Cheers in advance

Rich
seen the german ones of ebay? they are steel which is heavier than the aluminium ones PSD used to supply but they dont ware massively!
i made my own from blanks for about £35ish - though it was a day spend in the machine shop!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Precision-HTD-timing-belt-drive-G40-Kluber-optibelt-gt-/270496216450?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3efad4b582#ht_500wt_928

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 06:18:37 am »
depends on the age of the psd ones...   mk1 psd ones seem harder.

also depends on whether they've been used right!!! i.e. belt not too tight - and right belt!

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 08:31:30 am »
depends on the age of the psd ones...   mk1 psd ones seem harder.

also depends on whether they've been used right!!! i.e. belt not too tight - and right belt!
I got some second hand (not psd ones though) pullies which were aluminium and they where seriously worn out - could only get steel pulleys - only advantage is they dont ware - they do go nice and shiny where the belt runs though

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 08:47:17 am »
the weight of the steel crank pulley is silly when compared to an ally one!

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 09:02:51 am »
the weight of the steel crank pulley is silly when compared to an ally one!
Think it wasnt much more / the same as standard - but as i made my own i could take as much material off as possible so not sure how much the germany ebay ones come to

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 10:08:47 am »
yeah - if you made your own i suppose would be different, but the german ones are heavy!

Offline JregGT

• Members
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 08:27:08 pm »
Thanks for the replies folks, had a look into it, found out can also get multi V belts, but for very little difference can get toothed ones, so thats the route i'll be going down. Would love to have the gear to make my own, must of been very satisfying, nice one fella.

Cheers folks

Rich