Author Topic: Polo GT specs- Can anyone tell me?  (Read 3821 times)

Offline G40supercharged

• Members
Re: Polo GT specs- Can anyone tell me?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 06:02:26 pm »
I think people are being a bit harsh here. In simple terms a G40 is a GT with a charger on it. We all know
some engine internals are different, but bar the chrager, a couple of rose joints, the vented disks & rear anti roll bar they are essentialy the same car.

I think the GT has the rear axle with ARB built in as well.

Offline G40_andi

• Members
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 06:30:53 pm »
sorry got confused.. g40 has to have a lower compression ratio because of forced induction, whereas the gt is higher because its naturally aspirated  8) Cheers Hayesey £1000 is my limit although id pay less if i could be botherd doing a project ;) Pistonheads arnt showing much at the moment and neither is ebay so ill sign up to club polo and see what i can find. Ive heard theres a set of brakes off an audi that fits on the gt but know the model. thats the first thing im doing as the standard one crap :)

Offline MartinB

• Members
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 01:28:44 pm »
Where are you located dude? I have a GT squareback for sale on Club Polo as a project, doesn't need too much to get on the road either. I just don't have the time myself.

Offline G40_andi

• Members
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 03:54:42 pm »
see thats also the problem with me, im in between getting a new job so wouldnt know where to keep it, plus the slight money shortage at the moment, when you say the square back, do you mean the breadvan or the coupe? Im located in Derby

Offline Jaco2a

• Members
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2011, 09:22:38 am »
ive got a gt coupe, to answer your question, there fast up to 70-80, in in 106 and saxo terms it will keep up with a vtr till about 70ish

Offline MartinB

• Members
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2011, 01:47:44 pm »
see thats also the problem with me, im in between getting a new job so wouldnt know where to keep it, plus the slight money shortage at the moment, when you say the square back, do you mean the breadvan or the coupe? Im located in Derby

It's the breadvan.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 03:47:11 pm »
They'll harrass a mk2 Golf GTI 8v too, done it myself as well as it happening to me on a few occasions (had plenty of both cars). They're good fun too, I'd say the only other car I've come across which is as fun for lift off oversteer was a 2.0 16v 206GTI (Had a GT anda  G40 at the time of driving the 206).