Author Topic: GAZ coilovers  (Read 3418 times)

Offline sohailG40

• Members
GAZ coilovers
« on: August 24, 2010, 12:15:44 pm »
hi there im just gonna buy some coilover for my g40 and just wanted to know if some one on here has got gaz coilovers.
and what you guyz think of them. good or bad ? 

aslo i will have to send my front suspension struts to them. dose any one know if all mk3 polo's have the same legs or are they diffrent because i need to buy some

and how much would some front strut cost me

thank you for your time guyz

sohailG40

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
Re: GAZ coilovers
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 12:42:23 pm »
I've got the front legs from a one litre on mine, running G40 spec TCAs and steering arms - they're all the same.

I like my Gaz setup, it drives really well on them. Firm but fun. And they're not too badly priced either.

Offline sohailG40

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 08:50:06 pm »
yeh you got that right with the price. i got some prices from kw (£1100) H&R (£1000) and for some reason they are both just ride hight adjustment.

with the gaz kit i got a price of £670+vat but i get 25% off because i am in the trade

now thats a ok price i just wanted to know if they were not crap

dose any one else have a say in this

thank you

Offline sohailG40

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 12:23:03 pm »
any more opions

Offline breadman

• Members
  • mk2 breadvan 1341 turbo sleeper (currently snoring
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 05:21:39 pm »
Sorry I don't have experience of them, but if I wanted coilovers I'd buy the Gaz ones.
They have zinc plated threads and powder coated bodies plus IIRC the steering arms are lowered. I'm pretty sure you can specify the spring rates/lengths when ordering too. Topping it all off is the fact that the dampers are adjustable and have a 3 year warranty - win win as far as I can see.
Can the KW or H&R kits perform or really be that much better, paticularly when cost is taken into consideration? Rally Design currently list the Gaz kit @ £475 + VAT. I know where I'd spend my hard earned.
Hope this helps.
Richard. 

Offline sohailG40

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 05:32:17 pm »
Sorry I don't have experience of them, but if I wanted coilovers I'd buy the Gaz ones.
They have zinc plated threads and powder coated bodies plus IIRC the steering arms are lowered. I'm pretty sure you can specify the spring rates/lengths when ordering too. Topping it all off is the fact that the dampers are adjustable and have a 3 year warranty - win win as far as I can see.
Can the KW or H&R kits perform or really be that much better, paticularly when cost is taken into consideration? Rally Design currently list the Gaz kit @ £475 + VAT. I know where I'd spend my hard earned.
Hope this helps.
Richard.  

thanks for your reply mate i think i might go with the gaz setup

thanks

Offline poloeatonm45

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 01:33:20 pm »
where did you find the gaz coilover kit for that price? i,ver looked on the Rally Design web site and cant find a coilover kit do you have the product number as im wanting to buy a gaz kit

thanks in advance
steven

Offline sohailG40

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 09:06:15 pm »
i went on google and typed gaz uk got the main supplier number of there website.
spoke to some bloke there he was very good and he gave me a 20% there price because i was in the trade

i dont know if that helps you but give it a go i think he said about 600 quid

speak to them