Author Topic: My baby  (Read 7101 times)

Offline Rob

• Members
My baby
« on: September 06, 2008, 11:15:08 am »
This pick is from the last time it whas on the road, Edition 38 2007 after a good polish !!

I bought this last year with the intention of dropping the py in out of the G, Then track slagging it. A few people have told me i'd be ruining two cars LOL

Anyhow i got this far

They are both now sitting in the corner of the shed feeling unloved. Not completly sure what to do now to be honest.

Option 1 - Strip the g and sell all the parts / scrap whats left - fit the engine in to the Mk1 with full roll cage, perspex windows, Berg cup arches etc etc etc

Option 2 - Leave the poor unsuspecting Mk1 shell in the corner of the shed for another time and just track slag up the G40

The mk1 was bought with every intention of going down the option1 route tho

What do you reakon ???

Offline Rob

• Members
Re: My baby
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 11:20:12 am »
I have been getting right in to my photography this year so herre are a few other pics ive enjoyed taking

Pete got bored at bug jam !!

Supermannnn

Say no more  LOL

Taken at our monthly meet in chelmsford, Low light conditions tho so not as sharp as id of liked. But two fat dubs never the less !!

Toddy D's Coupe S aka the "Chipper"

My daily hack

To be honest these arn't the best but they are a few that i had in my photobucket account so thought f'it may aswell chuck em up.

Shed loads more / Better pics of nearly every show worth going to this year can be found here - http://www.renegadedubs.com/photo-gallery
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 11:26:43 am by Rob »

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Re: My baby
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 11:36:22 am »
cool pics rob.  seems a shame to break your g it goods in good condition.  who owned it before you?  I seem to remember seeing it at loads of shows over the years

Offline Rob

• Members
Re: Re: Re: My baby
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 11:52:41 am »
Stuart Baxter   :ph34r:  Crazy welsh guy !!

Its Red  :/ =  ball ache.

If it was royal blue, windsor blue or graphite grey then id be alot more keen.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 12:50:33 pm by Rob »

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Re: Re: Re: My baby
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 06:02:26 pm »
aaaah, stuart baxter's old car, that's where I recognise the number plate from.  haha, doesn't look like the same car without his intercooler on it

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My baby
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 07:25:34 pm »
It's entirely up to you what you do with the cars tbh, but I'd be tempted to turn the Mk1 into a N/A track slag and keep the G40 whole. There's quite a history attached to that car.

Offline G-spot

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My baby
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 07:38:40 pm »
[quote pid=3957 author=Alex date=1220725534]It's entirely up to you what you do with the cars tbh, but I'd be tempted to turn the Mk1 into a N/A track slag and keep the G40 whole. There's quite a history attached to that car.[/quote]
 I'd second that, keep the G40 intact and build up the mk1 with G40 bits from other broken/distroid cars.

Offline Rob

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My baby
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 09:18:17 pm »
@ haysey - yeah that intercooler was comical lol. Yeah it did work sooo well but it had to go lol, I remember i was at a Kebeb shop it witham and a copper pulled up, got out and stood there just gawping at it. When i came out he generally started quizzing me why there was a fcuk off big intercooler hanging off the front of a polo lol. He was sound but said to watch out for the traffic police lol

@Alex - I know what your saying the car does have alot of history !!! The shell doent have any rust (Wish i could say that about the Mk4 daily jesus!!!) and the paint isnt terrible. Still only on 88K. The shell isnt as straight as it could be tho... I had a moment and bumped up a kerb with the drivers side wheel and now there is a very small crease in the roof drivers side by the sunroof  :(  :( The drivers door doesnt line up 100% so the chassis leg could be bent very slightly, There are no signs of damage in the bay...

When i spoke to beavis about jigging it he said just dont bother as it will always be weak now ?? Which is why i snapped up the mk1 shell. What do you guys think is it worth the bother ?? I know what your saying tho as it is an original G40.

I guess if i was to have it jigged then bosh in a full 8 point roll cage / subframe etc then it will be ok. But that would still involve loosing the interior etc....

@gspot - I just dunno if its a good idea to have more than one project, The Mk1 shell really is too good to get rid of. NEVER ... I'd like a T4 caravelle to use as Daily / Somthing to pull a track slag on trailer / Somewhere to generally pimp it up and sleep at shows as im beginning to begrudge putting my tent up in the dark / rain with the missis grunting at me LOL LOL

The mk1 would be super lightweight tho... Fiberglass bonnet, boot, doors, wings etc - No dash or heater, Perspex windows, Lightweight bucket seats. Im really up for finding out first hand how much weight saving can happen. Im serious, It could the kick up the arse i need to loose a few pounds myself LOL. Then turbo the G motor for a few more bhp then standard and badaboom - Serious bhp per ton !!

Its fair to say that the original g40's are getting really rare nowerdays, Espessially for a half decent one

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My baby
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 10:08:56 pm »
That's a real shame about the shell. Like I say, it's up to you and depends how much you want to save an original G40. It's not like it's a completely untouched one though.