Author Topic: The Old Oil Buzzer Corner Issue...  (Read 9491 times)

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
The Old Oil Buzzer Corner Issue...
« on: April 02, 2008, 10:47:47 am »
Well this has come up before, so i thought i would get everyones info on this, as i had a guy with a g40 come get some bits and he mentioned that he has been taking it steady as his oil buzzer went off randomly and he doesnt know why, i asked, you werent driving round a sweeping left hand corner were you, and he was like "erm, yeah i was come to think of it, how did you know that?"

I could have sounded super cool if i had of actually known exactly why it does it, so why does it do this? im sure it is a sensor issue with a swish swosh level drop lol

And i mentioned it to his mate who has one and he didnt know it either, so im telling the world now!!!!

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: The Old Oil Buzzer Corner Issue...
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 10:55:26 am »
cos oil swishes to the other end of the sump, so oil pump cant pick it up!!! solved by a windage tray!!

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Re: The Old Oil Buzzer Corner Issue...
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 11:25:36 am »
what type of oil is he using?

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
Re: Re: Re: The Old Oil Buzzer Corner Issue...
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 11:32:32 am »
the guy i told? will be the correct stuff i imagine?

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
Re: Re: Re: Re: The Old Oil Buzzer Corner Issue...
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 12:58:14 pm »
Mine used to do this too, I bought a windage tray to solve it but the beeping stopped after Steve changed my oil feed last June.

Need to get that windage tray fitted though.

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Old Oil Buzzer Corner Issue...
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 07:24:19 pm »
Baffled sump is what you need. The windage tray is slightly different, whereby it helps to prevent oil splashing back upwards onto the crank.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 07:32:48 pm by Nick_S »

Offline Dougy

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Old Oil Buzzer Corner Issue...
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 04:32:23 pm »
Think Dom (optima) made one himself pretty impressive stuff

Think he posted some pictures somewhere

Offline Alexiskayak_7

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Old Oil Buzzer Corner Issue...
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 06:25:08 pm »
Well i had the same problem too... I have to mention that i've just bought the car and i wanted to clean the engine inside so i bought a cheap 10-40 oil and i filled the engine with oil and i was going to change them in a few km...  While i was driving the next day i heard beep-beep... I said what the f!!!!, and when i looked at the gauges i saw oil light blinking... i turned off the engine and i looked the oil level. It was ok... The other day i bought motul 10-40 turbolight draed and filled with the new oil... Since then the buzzer never heard and i have done 4000km....

So.... It's just all in the OIL......  Don't think the maney you give in oil......

Offline G-spot

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Old Oil Buzzer Corner Issue...
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 01:05:32 pm »
Hers a pic of my alloy baffled sump and to be perfectly honest its not eliminated the oil warning buzzer coming on on long hard corners, though it does help keep oil temp down.  As said above, better quality oil seems to make the biggest difference, plus importantly keeping it within its operating range(oil coolers are a must)!!

Inside when taken off recently

Outside when fitted new, same time as PSD manifold,  hmm don't look like that anymore!!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 01:07:31 pm by G-spot »

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Old Oil Buzzer Corner Issue...
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 06:34:43 pm »
Looks like a proper aftermarket sump pan that, whats the make? That one will aid with oil cooling because of the ribs/fins on the outside. The baffled sump i had knocked up has one large baffle all the way across, front to back, with an archway on the bottom edge. It was designed pretty much like a road tanker baffle.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 06:35:29 pm by Nick_S »

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Old Oil Buzzer Corner Issue...
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 09:11:14 pm »
Looks like an RPM one- good luck with buying one...  :ph34r:

Offline G-spot

• Members
[quote pid=746 author=Yoof date=1207599074]Looks like an RPM one- good luck with buying one...  :ph34r:[/quote]

sure is, I bought quite a few bits from them over the years, and must say I've had no trouble,  but more recently I've heard of people having a few problems.

jonboy

mine bleaped at me the other day, checked the oil and it was low. theres no blue smoke on acceleration and i have been using castrol magnetec.  Theres no signs of oil on my drive, all i can find is a small weap from the rocker gasket and another small weap from the charger (on the seal next to the pulley) the car pulls well, so i dont think the oil can be getting into the intake, could it just be sitting in the intercooler?

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
well i had a odd pressure issue and it has gone away for now, best bet is a pressure sensor to see, i wouldnt mind some readings from others with g40s on how they read, with driving temperatures etc...