Author Topic: VW Polo G40 with 76k miles, respray, 150bhp. SOLD  (Read 8353 times)

Offline Jake

• Members
VW Polo G40 with 76k miles, respray, 150bhp. SOLD
« on: July 08, 2010, 10:12:08 pm »
Hi all, the time has come to sell my G40. I'm selling it because I'm buying a mk4 golf GTI. I just fancy something newer with more luxuries.

I've owned the car now for 3 years and its been great. I'll be very sad to see it go! I bought it off my mates stepdad, who didn't use it much at all. He kept it stored in his garage and just used to start it up and leave it run for a bit and take it for a little spin down his private road.

It has 76k miles on it, but this may go up a touch as I'm still using it to run the charger in. It has service history up to 59k in August 2000. There is then a gap until I bought it in July 2007. It was this gap that my mates stepdad owned it. He had the car off his brother because he knew how rare it was and thought it was a waste for his brother to sell it on.
I have some old MOT certificates from in the 90's and one also in October 2003 with mileage showing 59,566. Also have the ones from when I've owned it.
I have a file with loads of receipts for the car.

The car has 12months MOT. This was carried out on Monday and passed with no advisories. It also has tax until 31st December. The timing belt and water pump were done as soon as I bought the car at just under 60k.

The car had a full respray 2 years ago. The car was completely stripped, windows out etc. All door shuts, boot floor and inside of the bonnet were also painted. When this was done, I replaced the 2 wings, front slam panel, and the panel behind the front bumper with genuine VW panels. It was also fitted with a new windscreen. All of the arches were rolled and the insides sealed with sikaflex before the car was painted.

It's had loads of new parts within the last few thousand miles. One genuine TCA, one genuine steering arm, inline fuel pump and more.

Anyway heres the spec:

Engine
Jabba R1 charger  (just had fresh service, still currently running it in)
Jabbasport air filter and heat shield
PSD 65mm toothed belts
GT inlet manifold
4 branch exhaust manifold and decat
Longlife exhaust with lifetime guarantee
G60 injectors
PSD chip
Boost return mod
I have a rolling road graph from powerstation showing 150bhp.

Chassis and Suspension
H&R 60/40 cup kit
GED lower front strut brace
G-laderseite ARB blocks

Brakes
256mm conversion from mk2 golf GTI (both calipers have done less than 4k. They were bought new from GSF)
Brembo 256mm vented discs
Ferodo ds2500 pads
Braided brake lines
22mm master cylinder

Wheels and tyres
14x6 OZ saturns with 195/45/14s all round. Fronts are toyo t1r's with some life left. Rears are falkens with loads of life.

Interior
Standard G40 interior
Autometer Boost gauge and air fuel ratio gauge in centre console
Audioscape doorpods with Rainbow components
Pioneer mp3 headunit

The car also has a clifford cat 1 alarm and immobiliser.

I will be putting some new W5DPO plugs in on the weekend, and the oil and filter was done around 500miles ago. distributor cap, rotor arm, HT leads all done within the last 1-2k miles.

Bad points
There is a small patch of rust coming on the bottom of the drivers door. The inside of the bonnet hinge has lost its paint as its caught on the battery. There is a small rip on the rear bench where the stitching has come apart. Also the fuel pump whines sometimes. I've replaced the inline fuel pump and its still doing it. So I think it might be the in tank pump. I will try look at this next week if I get time.

I'm sure theres loads I'm missing out. I'll add to it as I remember bits. If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to ask.

This car must go to a good home as its been my pride and joy for the last 3 years!

Price
I've taken into consideration how little number of G's have this low mileage and good history. Also thinking of the money that I've spent on it, I'm going to put it up for 3,650 ono.  This really is a great looking G40 with low mileage and nice modifications!

Here's some pictures from some shows and things. When I'm off work next week, I'll give it a good clean up and take some pictures of how it stands now, but these will give you an idea.

These wheels are not included in the sale.

Heres a link to a thread showing when it got painted. The wheels shown in this are the wheels it will come with.

http://www.polog40.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,244.0.html

I'm located in Swansea, South Wales
Cheers
Jake
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 06:35:32 pm by Jake »

Offline Fred

• Members
  • Fred
Re: VW Polo G40 with 76k miles
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 11:09:06 pm »
Very stunning that Jake Lad.

Offline Jake

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 05:52:45 pm »
cheers mate. Its getting proffesionally polished tomorrow so the paint will be like in the pictures above

Offline g40chris

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 11:17:21 pm »
seen this time many times in the flesh. stunning car and worth every penny

Offline Jake

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 09:14:40 am »
starter motor has been a bit intermittent so just ordered a brand new one which will be fitted tomorrow.

Offline Jake

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 11:26:24 am »
brand new bosch starter motor has been fitted. I also put some new bosch W5DPO plugs in too

Offline Jake

• Members
Re: VW Polo G40 with 76k miles, respray, 150bhp
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 05:43:37 pm »
heres some new pictures. took these today. Tried to show the bad bits too

Cheers
Jake

Offline g40chris

• Members
Re: VW Polo G40 with 76k miles, respray, 150bhp. NEW PICS!
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 02:54:33 pm »
i cant believe someone hasnt bought this yet

Offline Jake

• Members
Re: VW Polo G40 with 76k miles, respray, 150bhp. NEW PICS! PRICE DROP
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 05:02:16 pm »
now £3650 ono

Offline dom101

• Members
Re: VW Polo G40 with 76k miles, respray, 150bhp. NEW PICS! PRICE DROP
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 04:02:36 pm »
pmed