Author Topic: plans to de wedge throttle body  (Read 1390 times)

Offline boyzey

• Members
plans to de wedge throttle body
« on: August 05, 2010, 12:33:19 pm »
hiya guys just bin reading the faq section on de wedgeing tb, am guna have a crack at weekend whilst fitting my gt inlet, think i am guna go with the chemical metal to re fill the holes in tb flap, does this seem the best way now adays rather than rivets yes,

any other problems any 1 has come across befor i start would also be apriciated haha

cheers 

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: plans to de wedge throttle body
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 12:40:12 pm »
the screws holding the wedges in are punched from the end so they can't come loose so they'll be VERY tight.  Make sure to use a good fitting screw driver so as not to round them off.

Also make sure to put a good countersink on both sides of the holes before chemical metalling them.  Then when the chemical metal dries, it'll be hourglass shaped and can't slide out.

Offline boyzey

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 02:48:11 pm »
oryt mate think it was your post i read actuay but from years ago haha, and ye have heard bout screws befor so hopefully will cum out all ok  :), and yes countersinking the holes makes sence cant fal out that way gud idea, so its nothing special just ordinary chemical metal yes and is it easyer to take the throttle flap out or is it easy enuf 2 just leave it in and do it

thanx for help

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 04:16:30 pm »
I took it out when I chemical metaled mine, then you can sand it nice and flat once it's done.

Offline boyzey

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 07:05:55 pm »
oryt nice 1 wo guna ask if ya sanded it flat afta haha rite i will av a crack at that thanx for help

Offline boyzey

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 09:05:25 am »
just one more question lol, wen bolting the throttle flap back in to the throttle body with the 2 philips screws, do you do anything to stop them coming undun like lock tite or something  :),

cheers