Author Topic: Standalone oil kit for the supercharger  (Read 2464 times)

Offline genesisGT

• Members
Standalone oil kit for the supercharger
« on: August 02, 2010, 04:50:38 pm »
thinking of installing a wee system on my G40 conversion.

i understand the main benifit is the chargers not getting any gunk collected at the bottom of the sump passed through it and keeping a constant presure and temperature are there any other benifits?

Also what pump is best to use as i have seen a few different ones used and im a bit confused.

i know how to wire it up and the lines, tank and pump location i have a clue where im going with it but thought i would ask first before i waste buying a pump and making a tank to fine out it wont work.

cheers richard
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 04:58:10 pm by genesisGT »

Offline Varley

• Members
Re: Standalone oil kit for the supercharger
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 05:02:04 pm »
The constant pressure will protect seals etc from large fluctuations in engine oil pressure too I guess? Easier to keep temperatures from getting too high as well.

PSD kits used a facet fuel pump which are about £60 or so I believe, you have to run really thin oil and they run at about 5psi or something low like that.

I'd want a fuel pressure gauge or a low pressure buzzer or something to keep my paranoia at bay though!

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 05:30:13 pm »
the PSD kits used a facet fuel pump which costs about £20.  They're not really designed to pump oil so you need to use very thin stuff.  I used compressor oil in mine.  The main advantage is that it keeps it at a steady pressure.

Offline genesisGT

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 11:57:44 am »
thanks guys. so its a facet petrol pump really  presume the pump needs to be mounted lower than the tank or does it not really matter?

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 12:09:51 pm »
yeah it should be mounted lower, use a nice fat pipe as well.