Author Topic: urban exploration  (Read 7111 times)

Offline GR40

• Members
Re: urban exploration
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 11:30:06 am »
really cool pics! art apreciated!

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 12:14:34 pm »
cool pics steve! any more? get some threads up in the pictures section or something.  I'd love to do this, definitely reminds me of going exploring places when you were a kid.

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 12:48:18 pm »
They're cool :) done afew railway tunnels in derbyshire. Pretty erie half way through a 4mile tunnel.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2010, 12:59:47 pm »
yeah I read a really cool one recently about someone exploring the disused standedge tunnels between diggle and marsden on the lancashire/yorkshire border (there are four tunnels, two unused ex-rail tunnels, one double size rail tunnel still in use and a canal tunnel).  Interesting as I used to drive past it on the A62 every day on my way to work when my office was in marsden.  But it looked well scarey in there!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 01:03:33 pm by hayesey »

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2010, 01:52:40 pm »
cool pics  ;) what camera do you use??

Offline Steve

• Members
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2010, 11:31:55 am »
They're cool :) done afew railway tunnels in derbyshire. Pretty erie half way through a 4mile tunnel.

We were in a Disused tunnel once, was just short of 1 mile long, Problem was it was a kinda 'S' shape so by the time you get to the middle you can't see any light form either end. We absolutly Shit ourselves when we heard a massive Rumble, echoing throughout the tunnel, Thoughts of it collapsing on us! And Mobiles don't work in tunnels. Rumble went away, Turned out to be another Railway tunnel crossing over the top of the one we were in, and we had just timed it right for a train to be going through it! We didn't know this at the time tho, Does Spook you out!

Use a Sony A200 DSLR, and a few Minolta lenses. Nothing Spectacular, but still learning it all. (Try to take everything in Full manual mode!)

Offline woody02

• Members
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2010, 11:56:28 pm »
That stuff would freak me out! Exciting though!

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 12:10:34 pm »

We were in a Disused tunnel once, was just short of 1 mile long, Problem was it was a kinda 'S' shape so by the time you get to the middle you can't see any light form either end. We absolutly Shit ourselves when we heard a massive Rumble, echoing throughout the tunnel, Thoughts of it collapsing on us! And Mobiles don't work in tunnels. Rumble went away, Turned out to be another Railway tunnel crossing over the top of the one we were in, and we had just timed it right for a train to be going through it! We didn't know this at the time tho, Does Spook you out!

Use a Sony A200 DSLR, and a few Minolta lenses. Nothing Spectacular, but still learning it all. (Try to take everything in Full manual mode!)

I would have been thinking of the bit in Ghostbusters 2 when the ghost train comes through the tunnel!  :o

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2010, 12:15:02 pm »
wiiiiiiiiiinstoooooooooooon

Offline g40willa

• Members
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2010, 09:22:22 am »
I grew up next to Greenham Common Airbase as a nipper, and when the US military moved home it was announced to be common land, which as a 12 year old with nothing but a BMX and NWA on cassette walkman, it was lisence to be nosey. Just had a look on that 28 days later forum, they've put pics of the missile silo's up, my pal and I got into one down a 4ft by 4 ft air-vent, and ended up in a maze of tunnels, undergroung control rooms, long concrete corridors with 10" thick steel doors everywhere, torch batterys went flat when we were prob about 100 feet below the surface. that was a buzz, and I had to change my undercrakkas after haha.

Offline quiksilver_jake

• Members
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2010, 11:40:07 am »
been on http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/ for 2.5 hours ..awesome read
really up for doing something like this :)

Jake