Author Topic: urban exploration  (Read 7101 times)

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
urban exploration
« on: July 21, 2010, 09:57:46 am »
i was just wondering weather anyone on here was into urban exploration.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: urban exploration
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 10:24:07 am »
is that were you go into disused factories, asylums and stuff?  Never done it but I love looking at the photos of it. 

Offline DMWG40

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 02:09:37 pm »
i know someone that does, seems interesting

Offline cheddarcheese

• Members
  • i like boobs!
    • supercharged
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 05:34:31 pm »
i just checked out some urban exploration forums some really cool shit. reminds me of my demolition job i had for a couple of years i got to explore some cool sites found lots of random things.

Offline lance

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 05:57:38 pm »
yea mate am right into it, a few of  us do it all the time. been caught by the police and they just let us off.

there is an old ammo dump near me which was the best i have ever done!

http://www.visitcumbria.com/wc/broughtonmoor.htm

Offline cheddarcheese

• Members
  • i like boobs!
    • supercharged
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 06:45:47 pm »
all i see in that last link is a load of what could be garages/workshops lol what a waste!!!!

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 08:49:43 pm »
Ste Sherwood is real into this. Remember him showing me some photos of disused navy builings and like.

There is supposed to be an underground hospital and tunnel network underneath Manchester City Centre from the cold war era. May be urban myth, but be good to have a mooch ;D

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 09:05:01 pm »
Best thing I've seen was the threads from not long after Longbridge was shut. Some amazing pictures in there. There were offices just left as people had been told to leave and half built cars left around. Also there was some sort of tunnel with a 60's Mini in I recall.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 09:09:51 pm »
Ste Sherwood is real into this. Remember him showing me some photos of disused navy builings and like.

There is supposed to be an underground hospital and tunnel network underneath Manchester City Centre from the cold war era. May be urban myth, but be good to have a mooch ;D

I've got a book called underground manchester which has stories and pictures of stuff under manchester.  big tunnels under deansgate, victoria arches etc... interesting stuff

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 09:42:40 pm »
yeah, i've done a few disused factories and steelworks round sheffield, never took any photo's tho, its really interesting some places, ill post an example,

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=52035

website here,,
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/

Offline Fred

• Members
  • Fred
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 10:28:28 pm »
Jeeze! Be no good me going in there. I wouldn`t come out for weeks.
I`m a bloody skiprat as it is lol.
I love old industry, so much more skill involved.

I`d love to look round there too Lance.

Wonder if these guys with metal detectors
have been sneaking round at night.
Mad really when you consider what they could be used for.
Homeless or whatever.

Fred.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 10:35:45 pm by Fred »

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 08:35:02 am »
I've been round some tunnels in the Manc area when I was in Scouts - they were WWII shelters I think. Massive tunnels like a rabbit warren, but many were blocked off. There were still beds and chairs down there! Weren't normally open to the public but someone had blagged it for us. Wonder whether the health and safety Nazis have got that all blocked up for good by now?!

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 05:03:19 pm »

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 10:38:00 pm »
^^^ link dont work :(

Can remeber exploring an old hospital shortly before it was demolished many years ago - was quite spookey!

Be pretty cool looking at those tunnels under manc.

Offline Steve

• Members
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 10:15:08 am »

Yeap, i very much into this, Visited loads of places all over the Uk, Its quite a buzz infiltrating secure buildings, dodging security gaurds, like that buzz you got from hide and seek as a nipper) Been caught loads of times, all part of the fun.
Old factories, Mental Asylums, Military Bases, Old theme parks, Dozens of Disused Railway tunnels, Old Fortresses. Cold war Bunkers.  Combining it with photography, love it! On both 28dayslater and Deralictplaces forums. 

Few pics of mine