Author Topic: TA Technics 4 branch exhaust manifold  (Read 5769 times)

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
TA Technics 4 branch exhaust manifold
« on: July 15, 2011, 08:54:22 am »
I have a TA Technics exhaust manifold, Its in excelent condition but the first and second cylinder exhaust pipes aren't bent enough so it is touching my supercharger outlet dome.

Im just wondering what they are worth? That way i know how much budget i have to go towards a new one.

Is there any issues with it touching as its only touching on the ouside of a curve (imagine two golf balls touching, they only touch in a very small area) so i didnt know if it would cause me any grief.

The v belts are brand new so i imagine when they stretch in a little it should pull away from the manifold

Gav
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 09:14:47 am by gavin.starr »

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: TA Technics 4 branch exhaust manifold
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 09:00:07 am »
what size is the pulley?  as obviously a smaller pulley will mean the charger pivots more and perhaps away from the manifold.  Also you could just grind a bit of the dome!

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 09:16:42 am »
what size is the pulley?  as obviously a smaller pulley will mean the charger pivots more and perhaps away from the manifold.  Also you could just grind a bit of the dome!

To be honest Pete im not sure without looking, and the car i on the drive at my mothers, whats the nominal size and i will check it when i go over later.

Gav

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 09:52:30 am »
76mm is oem  65mm is the normal small one.