Author Topic: Fitting Radio  (Read 12195 times)

Offline The Transporter

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fitting Radio
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2008, 05:46:50 pm »
Ok we have power, and I have wired the speakers in very nicely under the carpets, behind the dash etc.

Now one finakl point I wonder if anyone can help. The radio wont fit in the dash board. :(

Its not short enough, does any one have any solutions?

jonboy

make sure you tuck the loom down towards the heater dials, most stereos should fit, but they all tend to be a very tight fit. nothing else i can think of that will help you other than a shorter radio!

Offline The Transporter

• Members
The wires are definately out of the way. Its that black plastic shelf at the back that gets in the way.

Offline giorgio

• Members
[quote pid=3442 author=The Transporter date=1219225647]The wires are definately out of the way. Its that black plastic shelf at the back that gets in the way.[/quote]

i had this problem. on some head units there is like a rubber nipple that screws in the back. Some cars have a cut out for this to sit in to stop the HU moving about. If you have already taken this out and it still doesn't fit then you need to cut the black shelf out.

There really is no pretty way to do this without taking the dash out. I took the clocks out and then went at it with a air saw. Although a hacksaw/dremel or any other cutty tool will work

Offline The Transporter

• Members
[quote pid=3443 author=giorgio date=1219232967][quote pid=3442 author=The Transporter date=1219225647]The wires are definately out of the way. Its that black plastic shelf at the back that gets in the way.[/quote]

i had this problem. on some head units there is like a rubber nipple that screws in the back. Some cars have a cut out for this to sit in to stop the HU moving about. If you have already taken this out and it still doesn't fit then you need to cut the black shelf out.

There really is no pretty way to do this without taking the dash out. I took the clocks out and then went at it with a air saw. Although a hacksaw/dremel or any other cutty tool will work[/quote]

No need for that matey, today i went out and bought a shallow headunit. Fits beautifully. Now Im just trying to work out which of the 3 sets of speakers (rears only) sound best!

BIG THANKS again to everyone who helped on this situation. :)  :)