Author Topic: Knock sensor leaking  (Read 1840 times)

Offline spookey

• Members
Knock sensor leaking
« on: July 03, 2010, 01:41:41 pm »
hi guys. my knock sensor is leaking oil and i was wondering has any one had this problem before? or can any one point me in the right direction to fix it? im hoping its not exessive crank case pressure or anything like that! ive done a search on here but havnt found a topic about a knock sensor leaking  ???
any help would be appreciated.
thanks Luke

Offline cheys03

• Members
Re: Knock sensor leaking
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 02:51:55 pm »
Sounds very weird. Surely the knock sensor mount doesn't enter any oilways...? Is it a G40 block? Perhaps the oil is leaking from higher up but collecting on knock sensor?

Offline spookey

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 03:42:18 pm »
i hope its a g40 block i would be peeved if it wasnt! The knock sensor does enter a ridge on the block i dont know if this is a oil channel or just block strengthing? I have had a look above the sensor and i cant figure out where it could be comming from above. the charger wasnt leaking and the only other thing i could think about was where the water pump is but the it would be coolent leaking not oil and i dont see how it could collect on the knock sensor :-\

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 01:08:18 am »
check its not the iSV above it.

Offline spookey

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 11:15:18 pm »
where is the isv situated on the block? has anyone got any diagrams or pics of where it should be? I cant see it on my block  ??? the only thing I can see above my knock sensor is the alternator!
Thanks for the help

Offline cheys03

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 11:22:25 pm »
The knock sensor is on the back (inlet) side of the engine. The alternator is on the front (exhaust) side of the engine. The ISV is bolted onto the waterpipe from the water pump on the back of the block. From your description it doesn't sound like it's your knock sensor that's leaking..? Perhaps a gauge sender or something... do you have a pic?

Offline Daryl

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 06:17:44 am »
sounds to me its the charger oil feed bolt thats goes into the block.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 08:10:11 am »
sounds to me its the charger oil feed bolt thats goes into the block.

totally agree - thats the only bolt under the alternator - oil drain bolt. they have two copper washers either side of a banjo bolt

Offline spookey

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 10:42:03 am »
aha thatl proboly be it then. I just naturally assumed it would be the knock sensor  ::) so i just need to get some copper washers the correct size and hopfully problem fixed  8)

Many thanks for the help guys