Author Topic: White G40 for sale.  (Read 5343 times)

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
White G40 for sale.
« on: June 11, 2010, 10:44:42 pm »
Yes Im going to sell my G40.  I honestly do not have the time or patience to write out everything I have done to this car as the list is ridiculously long.  90% of the things I have bought have been from VW and I have a wallet of receipts absolutly bulging.  The car is currently in a garage and covered up for safe keeping.  I got it out yesterday and did about 100 miles in it no problems.  Up until 2 months ago or so I used this car daily and never had any major problems.  Please please please if you are genuinely interested in a really honest genuine G40 give me a call.  Do not ask questions on here randomly as I rarely come on these days.  If you are really looking and interested you will call and I will be totally happy to talk for as long as it takes about everything you wish to talk about.  Please see the attached thread.  In approx the last 15k its had a rebuilt charger fitted, head gasket and g40 head bolts, water pump, timing belt, clutch, thrust bearing, genuine alternator, dizzy, genuine g40 radiator/expansion tank (not shown in pics), rebuilt callipers, discs, pads, wheel cylinders, drums, shoes, wheel bearings, genuine vag brake lines when needed, clutch cable, coil, charger rebuilds every year Ive had it, charger belts the list goes on and on.  Here are some photos taken at various times.

The number plate shown has now been sold.  The plate on the car now is J987 TPY which is the plate it had from the dealership.  The original plates that came and were fitted at the dealership are now fitted.

The only problems the car has is the gearbox seems to have a slight weep and the steering wheel seems to have developed a bit of vibration at high speed, probably wheel balancing.  Obviously as the car is 18 years old the body work is NOT perfect but it is structurally very straight and clean and rust is only at worst bubbling  here and there.  I have not had time or money in the past to get these sorted to the standard I wanted.

it has done 164k, which I know is a lot but most parts mechanically, including fuel pumps have all been bought from vag at vast cost have been replaced within the last 60k.

http://www.polog40.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,401.0.html
I do not HAVE to sell this car but it is just sitting there and Ive decided that...'whats the point?'  I absolutly adore this car and it's a great example which makes me very happy everytime I drive it!  Whens its all polished and cleaned despite the imperfections here and there it comes up brilliantly as can be seen in the pics!  I have priced to sell at £2300  I will not take any less and will not be lowering price if it doesn't sell...it goes at £2300 or not at all.  MOT Jan 2011/TAX end of August
My mobile is 07875718441.
cheers..dan
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 11:45:56 pm by supercharged spaniel »

Offline cheddarcheese

• Members
  • i like boobs!
    • supercharged
Re: White G40 for sale.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 12:49:58 am »
Ridiculously UNDERPRICED! wish i had the money!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 12:53:01 am by cheddarcheese »

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 07:54:29 am »
you'll not sell this mate!!!! means too much to you!

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 02:48:44 pm »
Dan- has this got my box on now? If so when can I pick yours up from you? in no rush, anytime in summer is fine.

Bargin at this price to be honest...

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 03:31:23 pm »
Yes mate this has your box in. i have the old one for you in my house. I havent forgoteen I will arrange something with you this summer :).  Ill text you.

Can people please TEXT or RING me. People are still leaving pm's when I cannot always get in touch and dont always have access to a computer.  If you are genuinely interested you will have no issues calling me to discuss  :)

Offline quiksilver_jake

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 11:08:52 am »
I think thats a massive bargain and very very cheap !
Just hope you dont regret it and then try to buy it back  ;D

Jake