Author Topic: Spluttering then died!!!!!!!  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Jake G 4 0

• Members
  • Rebuild time almost over
Spluttering then died!!!!!!!
« on: June 08, 2010, 11:44:16 am »
I was driving my G to college today, driving down the motorway at a steady 70 went to accelerate and the car started to splutter and start to slow down like it was miss fireing maybe i managed to make it to the next junction under partial throttle which would maintain the speed. I made the junction but then at the top of a small hill the car died, i tried to turn it over again and it would fire then die??????? Im not being stupid and the car hasn't run out of fuel unless the gauge has broken, but it has definatly run lower than this before.  All of the coolant has disappered somewhere too  >:(, could these 2 links be the problem???

I tried to check the ignition leads to see if they would ark out to see if it was an ignition problem, but i couldnt turn the ignition and check the leads at the same time.

If anyone has any advice on what the problem could be or how to fix it i would be very gratefull.

Many thanks jake.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 03:07:02 pm by Jake G 4 0 »

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
Re: Spluttering then died!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 11:56:15 am »
sounds ALOT like no fuel  ;D
when you turn the ignition on is the fuel pump turning, should hear it as the ignition is turned on?

Offline g40willa

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 09:56:51 am »
Check earths. My mate (g40-zeeman) had spluttering probs which we diagnosed to be bad earths.
My word for the day is earth haha. Best of luck dude.

Offline Jake G 4 0

• Members
  • Rebuild time almost over
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 06:49:58 pm »
thanks for the advice guys there was a problem with the connection on the fuel pump and the dizzy and rotar arm were a little cooked so I sorted all the problems and she is up a running once again  ;D

Jake