Author Topic: Hello - newbie to site but not to G40's  (Read 2097 times)

Offline Pointer

• Members
Hello - newbie to site but not to G40's
« on: April 13, 2010, 11:10:00 pm »
Hi - I have been visiting this site for years, mainly to look at the classifieds! I was a also a regular on the Pitstop D forum and thought I'd join up.
Sadly I don't own a G40 anymore but occasionally have an urge to buy another...I owned J519 KAF from 96 through to 2006 - anyone know of it? I sold it standard to a guy in Northern Ireland, I'd love to know if its still going!.  I think between myself and my Dad (previous owner) we covered 197,000miles with no real problems! awesome little car, in a way I regret selling it, I have a Golf GTi now which albeit quick/comfortable/practical/safer etc etc does not have anywhere near the same qualities as the G40.  From memory the only hassle I had was a mysterious earth problem which took me ages to track down, the gear linkage (the rubber part) fell off on the A34 and the water leak from under the battery cover/into footwell.
Anyway it's great to see so much interest in these cars still, I doubt I will ever own another, it would have to be original and fairly low mileage..

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Hello - newbie to site but not to G40's
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 12:14:30 pm »
welcome to the forum :)

197k is some mileage!! 

I dont recognise the plate, have you looked for it in the g40-register thread?

Offline Pointer

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 01:26:14 pm »
Yes I had a quick look it's not on there but that list is a great idea.  I guess that it is still in N.Ireland, if it's on the road still..

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 03:30:37 pm »
Ello ;)

Offline LeonL

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 01:46:12 pm »
Welcome, checked a few websites for J519KAF and got this:

"J519KAF is NOT on the Motor Insurance Database today"

Tax is unlicensed and expired back in 2006, so im guessing it hasn't been used since you sold it?

Offline Andymk3gt

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 01:58:14 pm »
reading that and thought that reg sounds familiar. then i was like thats my reg!!! its still going strong i bought it about 4-5 months ago. the fella i bought it of has spent a pile of money on it and is now sittin at 141hp and 154bf/ft. it is now well over the 200,000 miles mark. and still putin big smiles on my face. i only drive it on good days as i hav a gt to drive every day. it will coming of the road in the winter for a bit of a revamp. i wud love to pics of how u had it and any other history u hav of it.

Cheers Andy

ps. i will c if i can put pics up in the pics section.